Company & Role Overview
SummaryEveryone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that's what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person's individuality, because there's power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That's why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL...
The Sr. Manager Cultivation is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the greenhouse from Clone to Harvest. You will provide support and leadership for the IPM Manager, Greenhouse Manager, Fertigation Manager and R&D Supervisor and make strategic decisions for best practices in greenhouse growing.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in four markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision ... pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com .
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Works with Compliance and Training Manager to ensure all greenhouse cultivation SOP's are documented and updated
- Maintains and enforces a culture of compliance for all cultivation activities with strict adherence to the regulations set forth by local, state, and federal agencies such as OSHA
- Oversees IPM Manager to ensure all spray schedules are maintained
- Ensures accurate data collection and management to direct proper growing decisions
- Works with Enterprise Grow Team on selecting and launching new genetics
- Implements effective systems and routines throughout the cultivation process to manage and track overall plant health
- Oversees the management the greenhouse control system - Argus
- Ensure proper inputs and confirm operations through daily audit of monitoring data
- Work with GH Manager to oversee labor scheduling and assess hiring needs
- Assist in new property startup - labor and compliance training
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU'LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Some travel will be required
- Proven leadership in commercial greenhouse growing environment
- Working knowledge of advanced greenhouse systems: computerized controls, irrigation, hydroponic growing systems
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense, and resourcefulness
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office computer skills and ability to adapt to other software programs as required. Greenhouse control system experience
- Experience in directing a greenhouse grow environment to ensure employee's work safe and under optimal conditions
- Florida Private Applicators License
- Experience with Argus Greenhouse control system
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, and consistent attention to detail for 10 hours per day
- Must be able to bend, lift and stoop continuously
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted and up to 80 lbs. assisted
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU...
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision - why we exist - is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission - how we will do this - is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values - Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.401(k) with Company Match, Career Advancement, Career Training, Charitable Gift Matching, Company Discounts, Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits, Education Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation, Inclusive Environment, Life Insurance, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Time Off, Pet-Friendly, Relaxed / Casual Dress Code, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Work From Home / Remote
Parallel is one of the largest privately-held, vertically-integrated, multi-state cannabis operators in the U.S. with active operations in five high-growth cannabis markets. In each market we are known by distinct retail brand names:
- Florida: Surterra Wellness
- Massachusetts: NETA
- Texas: goodblend
- Pennsylvania: goodblend
- Nevada: The Apothecary Shoppe
Parallel is building a leading well-being company and are looking for the best, most diverse talent to join our team. We have a high-performance, inclusive, and employee-focused culture, that focuses just as much on how we do things as on what we do. We strive for the highest compliance to our laws and regulations, while finding the most efficient and innovation solutions that will benefit how we continue to serve our customers.