Company & Role Overview
Working directly with the partners of the fund, the investment associate position assists with a wide variety of critical internal functions, including (but not limited to): investment diligence, investment sourcing, industry research, investor relations, and portfolio reporting. Ideal candidates will possess several years of prior transactional experience within investment banking or private equity, a well-tuned analytical eye, and a tremendous ability to parallel process multiple (and almost invariably, disparate) workstreams.
Salary$125,000.00 / year / year
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.Career Advancement, Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits, Paid Time Off
DatesNo information available.
No information provided.
About Casa Verde Capital
Casa Verde was one of the first funds established to focus on the cannabis industry. We believe this industry represents one of the most compelling investment opportunities of our generation.
Since 2015, we’ve evaluated thousands of opportunities and invested in a select few. Our goal is to leverage our robust relationships to assist portfolio companies in solving complex issues facing this nascent market.
Casa Verde can participate in all stages of the financing cycle, with a focus on investing in scalable, capital-efficient businesses, led by world-class entrepreneurs.
Given the natural overlap across the value chain, our portfolio companies frequently work together to help solve operational issues and also create significant value for the businesses involved.
Management of investment diligence across the deal pipeline, including (but not limited to):
- Organizing calls with target companies
- Preparing comprehensive diligence question sets
- Navigating target company data rooms, and drafting investment memos
- Build and implement industry research materials
- Assist in drafting internal materials such as monthly newsletters and market reports
- Support investor relations and fund administration projects as needed
No information provided.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2-4 years of previous work experience in investment banking or private equity
- Demonstrated interest in the cannabis industry
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong ability to parallel process multiple (and potentially unrelated) workstreams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Keen analytical skills coupled with “bigger picture” strategic thinking capabilities
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to work among a lean team in a fast-paced environment
- Continuous desire to learn and receive/respond to feedback
Strong undergraduate GPA