Company & Role Overview
SummaryAt TerrAscend, we are on a mission to shape the future of the cannabis industry by creating leading marijuana-based therapies for patients and developing premium products for legalized adult recreational use. We are one of the largest and fastest growing multi-state, vertically integrated cannabis operators in North America. We're on a roll and are just getting started!
It's a Joint Effort
We believe that How We Work Together Matters. Our priority is to assemble a team that believes not just in what we do but how and why we do it. Our most successful team members know that being of service to our patients, our customers, and each other is what separates us from other organizations. Our continued success is dependent upon bringing together the brightest minds in business with best-in-class cultivation and elevated patient and customer experiences, so we continue to set the standard for the industry.
Sound like weed be a good fit? Here's where you come in.
We are looking for an experienced Director, Retail Inventory Control to collaborate with the retail operations, accounting, compliance and other internal departments to design, document, implement, and monitor processes that establish controls, ownership, and accountability related to inventory management in a SOX compliant environment. As a young organization, we need a changemaker who has "been there and done that" to help us level up our inventory control processes to provide seamless experiences for our retail employees as well as customers. We also need someone who can lead and develop a team of state Inventory Control Coordinators to ensure execution and accountability in-store.
You will be challenged to work strategically across end-to-end inventory processes, and you'll never experience the same day twice. One minute you might be in the field leading and conducting an inventory audit, the next minute reviewing and submitting a physical count report, and the next minute conducting root cause analysis to determine inventory shortages between system vs. physical count. Regardless of the task, it's critical you have strong situational awareness and EQ as you'll work with diverse stakeholders within the organization.
Where you'll be planted:
This role is a hybrid remote in-office/in-store role/remote. 2 days/week in the regional office is in King of Prussia, PA are required. Weekly dispensary visits to our stores are necessary to effectively perform this job. We have locations in Pennsylvania (Lancaster, Thorndale, Plymouth Meeting, Bethlehem, Allentown, and Stroudsburg) and New Jersey (Lodi, Maplewood, and Phillipsburg). Work-from-home days are available as needed.
This role reports to the Senior Vice President of Retail with a dotted line to VP of Accounting.
To Be Blunt
Year 1 is going to be about:
- Designing and implementing an inventory audit program to optimize inventory control procedures. Working closely with retail inventory coordinators, retail operations management, and accounting to plan and execute full and cycle inventory counts across multiple locations on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Developing end-to-end inventory processes as well as monitoring and reporting controls.
- Serving as the resident expert in inventory management systems and serving as point of escalation.
- Preparing formal Systems vs. Physical Count Reports on inventory and providing to Senior Management monthly.
- Working closely with Accounting and Merchandising to maintain alignment of company's ERP, with state mandated inventory tracking programs.
- Leading the inventory team and set work standards and outputs for each activity. Actively searching for process improvements to increase throughput. Utilize existing equipment and make recommendations for new equipment, as necessary.
What We're High On
We value diverse skillsets, talents, and experiences. To be successful in this role we know you'll need:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred; not required
- Management experience required
- Ability to travel (day-trip) to established and future dispensary markets in PA, NJ, and MD.
- Experience in internal audit and or loss prevention, specifically high value, and highly regulated industries
- Experience working in a start-up or early stage company highly preferred; cannabis experience nice-to-have
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, inventory management software and tools, and use of other software systems used for analytics.
- Sound understanding of Procure to Pay & Order to Cash business process.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Professional written and verbal communication with multiple levels and departments, while being connected to the detailed support
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to positively influence people; must be capable of effectively interacting at all levels in the organization
Benefits (full-time employees eligible):
- Employee Discount (all employees eligible)
- Paid Time Off
- Health, vision, and dental insurance (with telehealth option)
- 401k with 4% company matching (100% vested immediately)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
*** Background Check Requirement ***
As a condition of employment, a complete background investigation will be conducted based on the rules of the specific State in which the employee is hired. Typically, the state investigative process includes a state and federal background check.
At TerrAscend, employees and applicants are evaluated based on their qualifications, skills, and ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. TerrAscend is committed to assuring equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
TerrAscend is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, to include gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gender identity, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and the like is not exhaustive, rather it is illustrative of the current essential functions required for the position.
This organization participates in E-Verify.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.. Si E-Verify no puede confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar, este empleador está requerido a darle instrucciones por escrito y una oportunidad de contactar al Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS) o a la Administración del Seguro Social (SSA) para que pueda empezar a resolver el problema antes de que el empleador pueda tomar cualquier acción en su contra, incluyendo la terminación de su empleo. Los empleadores sólo pueden utilizar E-Verify una vez que usted haya aceptado una oferta de trabajo y completado el Formulario I-9. Para más información sobre E-Verify, o si usted cree que su empleador ha violado sus responsabilidades de E-Verify, por favor contacte a DHS.