Company & Role Overview
SummaryEveryone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that's what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person's individuality, because there's power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That's why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL...
The Lead Guide takes pride in ownership of operational task while influencing others. They are the product and industry experts in our Retail locations who provide knowledge, exceptional service, and ensure our stores are places where everyone feels like they belong.
This role is with Goodblend , one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (a Joint Venture with Cookies) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision ... pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com .
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Act as the training ambassador and assist with new employee orientation, new product launch education and skill development of the team.
- Assume the role of Manager on Duty as needed responsible for operational tasks for opening, closing, banking and security of the store.
- Model best-in-class service that consistently exceeds our customers' expectations and builds a long-term rapport in alignment using established customer service model.
- Provide customers and caregivers with expert cannabis recommendations, discuss therapy goals, product effects, potency, dosing, methods of consumption, and administration.
- Participate in the patient intake process, entering and maintaining appropriate paperwork and patient records while maintaining privacy and confidentiality of sensitive patient information.
- Accurately receive, prepare, and complete patient orders and sales utilizing point-of-sale (POS).
- Appropriately resolves customer conflict or complaint, inspiring long-term patient relationships and loyalty to our brands.
- Maintain accurate records of all activities including customer records for all activities in accordance with the State of Florida Office of Compassionate Use and Florida Statues for a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center, as well as regulations set forth by local, state, and federal agencies.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU'LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- 2 years' experience in Retail or similar industry where customer service is critical
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask, plan, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and resolve in a timely and professional manner
- Microsoft Office Suite proficient level
- Proven track record of leadership capabilities
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods during the shift
- Ability to assist with lifting stock and materials
- Occasionally positions self to retrieve product or material in the store throughout the duration of the shift
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU...
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- 401k enrollment
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision - why we exist - is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission - how we will do this - is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values - Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.401(k) with Company Match, Career Advancement, Career Training, Charitable Gift Matching, Company Discounts, Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits, Education Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation, Inclusive Environment, Life Insurance, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Time Off, Pet-Friendly, Relaxed / Casual Dress Code, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Work From Home / Remote
Parallel is one of the largest privately-held, vertically-integrated, multi-state cannabis operators in the U.S. with active operations in five high-growth cannabis markets. In each market we are known by distinct retail brand names:
- Florida: Surterra Wellness
- Massachusetts: NETA
- Texas: goodblend
- Pennsylvania: goodblend
- Nevada: The Apothecary Shoppe
Parallel is building a leading well-being company and are looking for the best, most diverse talent to join our team. We have a high-performance, inclusive, and employee-focused culture, that focuses just as much on how we do things as on what we do. We strive for the highest compliance to our laws and regulations, while finding the most efficient and innovation solutions that will benefit how we continue to serve our customers.