Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Jushi is a vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis company that develops and operates high-end retail locations, premium brands, state-of-the-art cultivation, processing, manufacturing facilities, along with a cutting-edge online platform that is setting a new standard for a sophisticated, data-driven, modern cannabis experience.
Since its founding in 2018, Jushi has grown from just a handful of people with an idea to more than 1500 employees strong. The Company has scaled its operations in seven states, including Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, Illinois, California, Nevada, and Ohio, and has been named one of the top five cannabis companies to work for by Cannabis Business Times .
The Company operates more than two dozen retail locations across the country under the retail brand, BEYOND / HELLO™ as well as under the recently acquired brands, Nature's Remedy, and NuLeaf. The Company provides an unparalleled in-store experience, coupled with online reservations and in-store express pickup.
Each day, Jushi team members continue to grow, cultivate, process and manufacture a comprehensive suite of cannabis brands under the names: The Bank , The Lab , Tasteology , Nira + Medicinals and Seche , which are addressing a wide variety of consumer and patient needs across multiple states.
The Assistant Store Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations at the retail level, including staffing, training, scheduling, buying, visual merchandising, cash management, inventory management, and compliance adherence. This role requires competence in a fast-paced environment, strong leadership skills, and the ability to effectively interact with patients and other members of the Team to ensure a positive culture and the best possible patient experience for our clientele. You will be reporting directly to the Dispensary Store Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of cannabis; its various forms, its chemical composition, effects, dosing, titrations, methods of consumption, and quality metrics
- Present a professional image in appearance, actions, and words
- Ensure accuracy with all cash handling
- Abide by city and state regulations at all times
- Maintain suitable inventory levels, perform daily inventory audits, and conduct all End of Month Inventory Counts and Reconciliations
- Receive deliveries, build purchase orders, and maintain accurate records
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors
- Assist with Store Scheduling
- Complete daily and weekly tasks/duties as assigned by the Store Manager(s) and Regional Manager
- Maintain neatness, organization, and overall cleanliness of the entire store
- Attract customers by originating display ideas; following display suggestions or schedules; constructing or assembling display properties; producing merchandise displays in showcases, and on the sales floor
- Effectively and diplomatically handle employee or customer concerns and complaints while interfacing with the Store Manager(s) and the Regional Manager
- Evaluates competition by visiting competing stores; gathering information such as style, quality, and prices of competitive merchandise
- Pre-Screen, interview, and develop a team who are passionate about medical cannabis and the service they provide
- Train store staff by reviewing, revising and implementing training materials; delivering training sessions; understanding the staff needs of the store and build depth on the bench to ensure all Company initiatives can be expedited with ease
- Lead by example through being the ultimate illustration of service, dedication, pace and energy
- Mentor, motivate, elevate and inspire the team through training and performance reviews to ensure the company's culture and expectations are met and exceeded
- Follow established policies and procedures and execute all company programs for customer service, staff management, patient and visitor management, inventory management, cash handling, state compliance, and safety and security guidelines
- Provide support with various employee initiatives and team building
- Assist with different off and on hour events and specials
- Report all issues or complaints relating to the product to the Store Manager(s) in real-time
- Work closely with the Store Manager(s) to regularly evaluate the performance of the team, sales, products, procedures, and the company brand
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) required
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in any field preferred
- Experience or study emphasis in biology, medicine, horticulture, agriculture, business, management, or hospitality
- Minimum of five years combined dispensary, call center, retail, sales, hospitality, or customer service experience
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including experience with web browsers, retail POS systems, and credit card processing terminals.
- High-level critical thinking, attention to detail, mathematical, language, and reasoning skills
- Must be comfortable adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions and decimals, and high-volume cash handling
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently sitting and standing
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally Twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays; May be requested to work additional time, as business demands require
- Complete any needed assistance including oversight and coverage outside of
the assigned region as needed
- An environment with moderate to loud noise level
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES AT JUSHI:
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
BONUS DUTIES YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability