Taking care of our people and doing what's right for the business are complimentary imperatives at TILT Holdings Inc. ("TILT"). We are passionate about sustaining a business environment that is welcoming, respectful, equitable and inclusive for a diverse range of people.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing basic handyman assignments and routine building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry, electrical, heating, HVAC, plumbing, etc.). The Maintenance Technician will perform ongoing preventative maintenance and repair work on the facility mechanical, electrical, and other installed systems. The idea candidate is able to work effectively with minimal supervision and be a self-starter with initiative.
- Work closely with the Facilities Manager to ensure high quality operations
- Prepare and submit summary of reports of conditions in buildings and recommend actions to be taken
- Illustrate a sense of urgency and responsiveness to emergencies and other high priority needs
- Assist with HVAC preventative Maintenance Vendors
- Perform facility inspections and report on conditions affecting operations
- Maintain HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical equipment, plumbing systems, building management systems, and building repairs
- Review and understand equipment and methods of operation, fire/life safety, and other systems
- Support any after-hours building needs and activities as required
- Maintain detailed and accurate records and concise written reports
- Work as a team with facilities staff and third parties
- Assist peers and new hires in learning about the business and equipment to enhance understanding
- Maintain a high level of morale and enthusiasm
- Attend required training sessions and seminars
- Comply with all safety procedures and requirements
- Report any material and /or facility conditions that may affect safety and/or operations
- Maintain compliance to City, County and State ordinances and codes
- Functional Acumen - Consistently shows comprehensive knowledge, skills, and abilities in the functional area(s) for which they are responsible, and understands the fit with overall business goals
- Emotional Intelligence - Consistently executes the four (4) principles of EQ (i.e., self-awareness, social awareness, self-management, relationship management)
- Intellectual Agility: Consistently evaluates challenges and opportunities from a variety of angles, taking in multiple inputs, and arrives at reasonable business decisions
- Collaborate - Consistently maintains effective teaming relationships with internal parties, and as applicable, external parties
- Dependable - Can be consistently trusted to execute their job responsibilities on-time and within scope, and meets or exceeds targeted business results
- Upholds Company Values - Consistently role-models and supports execution of the Company core values
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Adaptable to change and learning new things
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to interpret and utilize operating and maintenance instructions
- Ability to troubleshoot and implement potential fixes and solutions
- High School Diploma or GED required, or equivalent military experience
- Minimum 3 years related experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of commercial/industrial property repair and maintenance
- Working knowledge and understanding of OSHA and NFPA
- Familiarity with building codes
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Every job applicant must pass a comprehensive background check, including the mandates of the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission. A job offer issued before the completion of a background check shall be contingent upon a positive result. A negative background check result may lead to the withdrawal of the job offer.
- All candidates must be ready, willing, and able to work a fully flexible work schedule to include days, nights, and weekends to meet fluctuating business demands based on the needs of the individual department
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Conditions will vary from indoor, outdoor, and field environments in all weather conditions
- Able to stand for extended periods, and kneel, stoop, bend, twist, in tight areas
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Repetitive use of hands for all functions
- Willingness to work in windowless laboratories and enclosed rooms
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
TILT is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to DEI. All qualified job applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to fostering diversity and leveraging the value of diversity with equity and inclusion.
The people that make up Commonwealth Alternative Care (CAC) are a group of passionate cannabis advocates that are rooted in our community in and around Taunton, MA! We've built relationships with our neighbors to aid with fair and equitable access to cannabis, crafted intentional partnerships to source products/ingredients from local businesses, and give back to grassroots organizations around our state. We love what we do and work every day to produce the best products for our patients. Not to brag or anything, but we were recently crowned "Best THC Edible" by NECANN for 2020!
Our people are at the very center of what makes us great, and because of this, we invest in our employees, offering a comprehensive compensation package that includes benefits and career growth opportunities.
Benefits we offer to full-time employees
- 100% Employer Paid Premiums for Comprehensive Healthcare Plans (Health/Dental/Vision) / 70% for eligible dependents
- 10 days of Paid Time Off for your first year
- Internal promotions
- Referral bonus program
- Employee discount
CAC is committed to providing the safest workplace possible given the recent COVID-19 health concerns. This includes providing PPE to all employees, ongoing cleaning measures, and trying to schedule/space work to allow us to follow CDC guidelines.
Commonwealth Alternative Care (CAC) is a subsidiary of Tilt Holdings.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Free Snacks / Drinks
Gender Neutral Facilities
Lunch & Learns
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote