The Laboratory Technician is responsible for assisting with lab production, which includes but is not limited to distillation, extraction, winterization, production of cannabis infused products, compliance requirements, and workplace safety.
- Run all aspects of processing cannabis into extracts, tinctures and other products
- Run complex high -end laboratory extraction machinery
- Troubleshoot down equipment and perform equipment maintenance
- Maintain an organized and clean laboratory environment
- Understand and follow all safety protocols and SOPs
- Oversee every step of the manufacturing process
- Provide detailed reports summarizing laboratory results to the processing manager
- Follow written direction(s) and maintain a laboratory notebook
- Ensure applicable policies, procedures, and guidelines, are being met, including the safe and proper operation of any/all applicable machinery, instrumentation, and equipment
- Operate laboratory instruments, make observations, calculate and record results
- Understand and meet daily goals
- Collaborate with lab team to meet production schedules
- Monitor production line and collect samples for analysis
- Follow SOPs and standard analytical procedures to meet Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices compliance
- Record required data in lab notebooks, computer databases, and test reports
- Practice good housekeeping habits throughout the lab with focus and personal attention towards a clean and organized work area at the end of each shift
- Responsible for safe handling of hazardous chemicals and identifying and/or reporting unsafe equipment, conditions and practices so that they may be corrected prior to an incident
VERY LABOR INTENSIVE. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance), may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching. Moderate to loud exposure to noise level.
No description provided.
- Regulations require that incumbent be at least 21 years of age and able to obtain and maintain state marijuana work credentials
- Associate degree preferred, with relevant college courses in biology, chemistry, or physics
- Prior experience in a manufacturing laboratory preferred
- Previous marijuana industry experience preferred, with priority given to candidates with experience in licensed facilities
- Technological Skills:
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email.
- Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with basic scientific principles and laboratory terminology
- Basic math skills
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals
- Understanding and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the cannabis industry, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dependability toward assigned tasks and duties
- Strong ethics and sound judgment
- Must be able to successfully pass a thorough internal and external background check
No description provided.
About Holistic Industries
At Holistic Industries we are building a great place to work, shop and invest in cannabis. Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality, safest cannabis medicine possible. As our name suggests, we care for the whole person. Our company develops and offers a wide range of proprietary strains that increase desired cannabinoids such as CBD. These high CBD strains have become our foundation for growing, packaging, and selling the best cannabis in our markets. Our team includes the nation's most knowledgeable experts in cultivation and medical dispensing, along with professionals who are top of their fields in medical professions, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of other highly controlled substances.
Let’s get you hired! To apply to this job, create a free Vangst account below. Once you’re in, you can complete and submit your application right from this page.