Company & Role Overview
SummaryENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SAFETY MANAGER:
Want to make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives while earning a competitive salary? At Jushi Holdings Inc. ") ( CSE: JUSH ) ( OTCQX: JUSHF ), we are shaping the future of the cannabis industry, the fastest growing jobs sector in the U.S. We are seeking an Environmental Health Safety Manager (EHSM) who will serve as the primary health & safety point of contact for the field locations in the respective market and support management with addressing and ensuring all federal and local legislative compliance, develop and maintain SOPs pertaining to safety, develop an autonomous EHS culture, promote defined Health and Wellness programs, define EHS standard operating procedures, provide EHS training, develop risk identification and reduction awareness and methods, all achieved through participation and employee engagement. EHSM proactively drives awareness, communicates best practices, and implements new programs related to Safety. EHSM also works to ensure safe behavior, machinery, and regulatory compliance for EHS at each site and lead continuous improvement of EHS Management System. EHSM will facilitate cross-site discussions, projects, and best-practice sharing across other key cultivation, manufacturing, retail sites regarding EHS topics.
Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Jushi is a vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis company that develops and operates high-end retail locations, premium brands, state-of-the-art cultivation, processing, manufacturing facilities, along with a cutting-edge online platform that is setting a new standard for a sophisticated, data-driven, modern cannabis experience.
Since its founding in 2018, Jushi has grown from just a handful of people with an idea to more than 1200 employees strong. The Company has scaled its operations in seven states, including Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, Illinois, California, Nevada, and Ohio, and has been named one of the top five cannabis companies to work for by Cannabis Business Times .
The Company operates more than two dozen retail locations across the country under the retail brand, BEYOND / HELLO™ as well as under the recently acquired brand, Nature's Remedy. The Company provides an unparalleled in-store experience, coupled with online reservations and in-store express pickup.
Each day, Jushi team members continue to grow, cultivate, process and manufacture a comprehensive suite of cannabis brands under the names: The Bank , The Lab , Tasteology , Nira + Medicinals and Seche , which are addressing a wide variety of consumer and patient needs across multiple states.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Leadership: Be the go-to person for Jushi's Safety Committee Team. Ensure safe behavior, safe equipment, and regulatory compliance of all outside contractors. Lead and oversee the efforts in support of the site's Statistical and Non-Statistical goals. Exhibits model behavior as related to EHS policies and practices and enforces safety rules and regulations in a manner consistent with the corporate Values and Attitudes. Work closely with Corporate Human Resource and Safety team.
Change Agent: Proactively drive awareness and communicate best practices related to Safety, promoting an autonomous EHS culture. Develop, schedule, and deliver impactful and interactive training to supervisors, employees, and contractors on subjects related to EHS. Implement and maintain a best-in-class Behavior Based Safety program.
Safety Practices: Continuously inspect and evaluate the environment, equipment, processes, and workplace to ensure compliance with government safety regulations, corporation, and industry standards. Oversee investigations and reporting of incidents including near-miss, First-Aid, and Accidents involving injuries and/or property damage at the Pennsylvania sites and make recommendations for corrective action. Oversee and maintain site risk assessment initiatives such as Risk Assessments and develop and implement action plans. Work closely with HR, Operations, and all sites to ensure machinery, tooling and all equipment is safe.
Regulatory Compliance: Oversee the filing of all internal, corporate, local, state, and federal reporting relating to regulatory compliance. Maintain OSHA logs, 300, 300A, and 301, and maintain certification status at the site. Responsible to stay abreast of current OSHA requirements. Site liaison for OSHA. Maintain hazardous waste disposal program. Lead First Aid/CPR, PPE, and AED programs. Manage the site's Toxic Risk Management process. Creates, implements, trains, and audits environmental, health, and safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- Responsible for implementing Jushi's EHS program at the GPs.
- Inspects the facility to identify safety, health, and environmental risks
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections
- Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company
- Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures
- Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed
- Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required
- Develop and maintain KPIs for monitoring operational efficiency of manufacturing programs and for employees
- Hire, train and hold team members accountable to company health and safety standards
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and other relevant worker safety regulations in a manufacturing environment
- Ensure compliance with cGMP regulations, local and state governing bodies, OSHA, and other relevant worker safety regulations in a manufacturing environment
- Performs other related duties as assigned
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety, and Health, or related field required; Master's degree desirable
- Five years of related experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of food safety, security, and GMP guidelines
- Previous commercial cannabis growing experience preferred
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Must pass a drug and criminal background check
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES AT JUSHI:
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
BONUS DUTIES YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran
status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.401(k) with Company Match, Career Advancement, Career Training, Company Discounts, Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits, Inclusive Environment, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Relaxed / Casual Dress Code, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Jushi continues to grow rapidly with new cultivation, manufacturing & retail licenses!