Company & Role Overview
This is for a full-time position for a Cannabis Analytical Chemist. The Analytical Chemist will have strong leadership abilities, be able to troubleshoot instrumentation, work with vendors, and take direction from management. This role is integral to our production.
SalaryNo information available
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.No information available.
DatesNo information available.
LabPlex, Inc. is a new Cannabis Testing lab located in Long Beach, CA. This is a fast-paced start-up environment with a small close-knit team.
LabPlex, Inc. will be the premier Cannabis Testing Lab, located in Long Beach, CA, and focused on catering to the California marketplace. LabPlex offers our clients state of the art testing, as required by the State of California.
- Scientific writing for reporting, data management reporting, and ability to follow standard operating procedures are a must.
- Chemical extraction, sample preparation, and analysis for cannabis using LCMS/MS, GC-MS/MS, HPLC, GCMS, ICPMS as well as microbiological analyses (must know one or more of these processes preferably on Shimadzu).
- Willingness to follow internal quality system requirements. Ensuring SOP’s are written or up-to-date for laboratory processes.
- Familiar with California state regulations for cannabis.
- Implements and maintains appropriate quality control processes and procedures to guarantee the accuracy of analysis and quality of results.
- Performs review of reported data and associated quality control and preparing reports for delivery to the client.
- General instrument troubleshooting.
- Responsible for ensuring that inventory is properly maintained and ordered on time to meet production demands.
- Maintain GLP standards.
- Must understand calculating workflow, turnaround times, and streamlined approaches.
- Must have a history of working in a production laboratory and an understanding of meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task and have flexibility in working various shifts.
No information provided.
- LCMS, GCMS, HPLC, or ICPMS: 2 years (Preferred)
- Wet Laboratory: 2 years (Preferred)
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in the cannabis or cannabis-related field preferred.
- Environmental/Food testing experience will be considered in lieu of Cannabis experience.
- Familiar with production protocol as required by California State, FDA, ISO 17025 and GLP.
- Preference given for Shimadzu experience, LCMS, GCMS, HPLC, or ICPMS for production.
Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related Chemistry field.