The Head of Finance will oversee all aspects of the company’s financial policies, strategy, planning, analysis, and reporting. As a member of the senior management team, the Head of Finance will be involved in strategic planning with all other senior leaders, as well as with investors and key external stakeholders.
The role will require versatile financial skills and acumen, world-class business analytic capabilities, familiarity with SaaS, marketplace, and platform metrics, and the ability to tell a story through data. You will also have day-to-day responsibility for accounting processes, audit and banking relationships, and administrative compliance requirements.
The role will require you to work at a high-level strategically, while also at a granular level to understand trends that drive business outcomes. You will be required to create strong relationships with business partners to help them understand the financial impact of new products, initiatives, and all other business decisions.
You must thrive in a fast-paced, autonomous work environment, be internally motivated, and have experience leading the finance and accounting functions of a high-growth organization.
This role has significant autonomy and responsibility
- Ensures accurate and timely general ledger closing, along with supporting schedules, in accordance with GAAP and company policies.
- Prepare detailed reports on financial performance on a monthly basis.
- Research and interpret accounting guidance for new and changing business products and processes.
- Maintain multi-scenario, driver-based corporate financial model and long-term projections for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish a collaborative quarterly and annual budgeting process that includes variance analysis conversations with leaders.
- Develop dashboards to track key performance measurements which enables leadership to monitor business performance.
- Provide management with insights into drivers of revenue and expenses, as well as risks and opportunities.
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel (internal and external).
- Enhance and oversee the company’s financial infrastructure, ensuring current and future financial data flows timely and accurately to where it is needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds at times.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Base Salary & Commission
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Participation in company stock options
- Company Sponsored Health, Dental, Vision, Long term disability insurance & Short term disability insurance
- 401(k) accounts
- Healthcare Spending Accounts -Remote & Hybrid Work Environments
- Access to free off-site workspaces
- Flexible work schedules with approval from management, based on business needs
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Some travel may be required Location: Position is available locally in Denver, Co, or Los Angeles, CA.
- This is a full-time salaried exempt position
- Vangst believes that being face-to-face with coworkers is important and during 2022, will be transitioning to being in person about 60% of the time, as long as local guidelines permit doing so. We also believe it's important to keep each other healthy and so will be enforcing that all team members be fully vaccinated, including the most recent booster dosage available.
$130k-150k, depending on experience
Who Should Apply
- 8+ years relevant experience at a high-growth company (2-3x per year), preferably at a tech-enabled SaaS, marketplace or platform company. HR-tech is a plus.
- 3+ years of management experience.
- A high degree of integrity and ethical conduct.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws, and best practices.
- Thorough understanding of financial analysis and forecasting.
- Able to work independently and complete critical tasks without supervision, yet able to communicate and collaborate effectively when completing bigger picture assignments.
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills and a strong executive presence.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and interpersonal abilities with demonstrated thought leadership and relationship management with senior leaders.
- Exceptional attention to detail, while also being able to see the bigger picture and avoid analysis paralysis.
- Familiarity with all financial aspects of running payroll for a nationwide workforce
- Advanced Excel skills.
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or other relevant fields.
- Relevant advanced degree, such as CPA, CMA or MBA is not required, but is a bonus
- Familiarity with Quickbooks Online is not required, but is a bonus
Vangst is the cannabis industry’s hiring platform. Vangst helps cannabis companies find the talent they need to grow their business. From on-demand gig workers to trained & credential full-time employees, Vangst has built the industry’s go-to talent marketplace for all cannabis hiring. Vangst is proud to work with 1,200+ of the cannabis industry’s leading businesses.
Since raising their seed round in 2018, Vangst has become one of the fastest growing companies in the cannabis industry and was recognized as one of Fast Companies most innovative companies.
Today, over 300,000 people have full-time jobs in the cannabis industry and this number is expected to triple over the next five years. Vangst is on a mission to fill every job in the cannabis industry.
Vangst’s headquarters is in Denver, CO. Vangst is a Series B company and backed by Lerer Hippeau, Colle Capital, Level One Fund, Snoop Dog’s Casa Verde Capital, and others.