At Vangst, we know we are only as strong as our people. As the Head of Talent Acquisition, you will work hand in hand with our leadership team and hiring managers, to ensure we are recruiting and successfully on-boarding top talent. As our Head of Talent Acquisition, you are enthusiastic and ambitious in building the Vangst team with the strongest, most passionate, and most motivated talent in the game.
In this role, passion, organization, and impeccable communication are key to success in building the future of Vangst. You are passionate about getting people jobs in cannabis and will need to forge strong, use your own network as well as build one, and be comfortable talking about all the reasons why a career with Vangst is the BEST move for our targeted candidates.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with cross functional teams to establish hiring goals and stafﬁng plans to ensure teams can reach their goals.
- Work proactively to ensure we have the lead time needed to recruit top talent.
- Create our internal recruiting SOPs, to ensure each candidate has an exceptional experience, whether they receive the job or not.
- Recruit and manage a junior recruiter, and continue growing the internal recruiting team as Vangst grows.
- Run the internal recruiting show. This means create internal recruiting KPIs and write the book for what “success” looks like for an internal recruiting team at a growing company.
- Establish our employer brand in the marketplace, and work to constantly improve it.
- Manage recruiting vendors, including ATS and other recruiting tools needed to recruit talent.
- Stay abreast of industry trends in compensation, beneﬁts, etc in order to provide feedback and strategic guidance on how Vangst compares to other employers inside and outside cannabis
- Prepare and present recommendations, reports, and ﬁndings from experimental data all the way up to the executive level.
Light to moderate travel based on business needs
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive Base Salary & Commission
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Participation in company stock options
- Company Sponsored Health, Dental, Vision, Long term & Short term disability insurance
- 401(k) accounts
- Healthcare Spending Accounts
- Remote & Hybrid Work Environments
- Access to free off -site workspaces
- Flexible work schedules with approval from management, based on business needs
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Some travel may be required
- Location: Position is available locally in Denver, Co, or remote nationally.
- This is a full-time salaried exempt position
Salary/Position - $100K - $120K Salary
WHO YOU ARE
- 3-5 years of experience in talent acquisition at an early stage, high growth, startup.
- Passion for building. You love taking something from zero to one.
- Solid project management skills: ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional partners, prioritize high impact activities, and keep complex projects moving forward.
- Solid written, oral and organizational ability.
- Ability to communicate and advocate for the Vangst vision while growing a team that believes in that vision
- A hungry, infectious personality: we’re looking for someone determined and able to win.
College or relative experience
Vangst is the cannabis industry’s hiring platform. Vangst helps cannabis companies find the talent they need to grow their business. From on-demand gig workers to trained & credential full-time employees, Vangst has built the industry’s go-to talent marketplace for all cannabis hiring. Vangst is proud to work with 1,200+ of the cannabis industry’s leading businesses.
Since raising their seed round in 2018, Vangst has become one of the fastest growing companies in the cannabis industry and was recognized as one of Fast Companies most innovative companies.
Today, over 300,000 people have full-time jobs in the cannabis industry and this number is expected to triple over the next five years. Vangst is on a mission to fill every job in the cannabis industry.
Vangst’s headquarters is in Denver, CO. Vangst is a Series B company and backed by Lerer Hippeau, Colle Capital, Level One Fund, Snoop Dog’s Casa Verde Capital, and others.