What You Will Do
The Payroll Administrator will oversee and supervise the organization’s payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. This person will work autonomously, with the ability to innovate processes and streamline the payroll processes for a growing organization. This person will work collaboratively, in the People Operations Department, to utilize data to move the business forward and identify trends. Working in a fast-paced environment, this person will need to manage competing demands and hit major deadlines on a weekly basis.
- Prep for payroll (Mondays)
- Reach out to employees and clients to confirm any missing hours
- Process payroll (Tuesdays)
- Submit weekly reporting to appropriate stakeholders
- Manage payroll support queue
- Handling any payroll discrepancies
- Correcting pay discrepancies with back pay or check re-issues
- Manage all incoming ques from internal Bank
- Run bi-monthly salaried payroll, including expense reimbursements, bonuses, commissions, and garnishments
- Manage the HR and Payroll queues
- Resolve all payroll discrepancies
- Onboard all New Hires and Hourly employees into the payroll system.
- Verify I-9 forms
- Manage support related questions for onboarding
- Audit payroll systems frequently to be sure that employees are in the correct statuses
- Onboard new clients into the payroll system
- Hire supervisors in the payroll system, attaching to correct cost center, making sure they're correct employees pop up on their view
- Maintain and enforce our payroll schedule & deadlines to approve hours
- Manage client support for payroll system
- Review and report on billable hours: Analyze Actual vs Expected Hrs
- Not inclusive of all responsibilities
No description provided.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Base Salary & Unlimited Commission
- Unlimited Paid Time off
- Company Equity
- Company Sponsored Health, Dental, Vision, Long term & Short term disability insurance 401(k)
- Healthcare Spending Accounts
- Remote & Hybrid Work Environments
- Free offsite work offices
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee
- Flexible work schedules
Salary - $65,000-75,000
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Some travel may be required
- Location: Position is available locally in Denver, CO, or remote nationally.
- This is a full-time salaried exempt position
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic and the fact that the Omicron variant is extremely contagious, we have decided to require vaccination as a condition of employment for any and all employees who access our Denver office. The Company will make reasonable accommodations when possible for employees who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief. If you need to request accommodation, please contact People Ops.
Who Should Apply
- You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, sweat the details, and get stuff done.
- You are adept at handling multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, results-driven, time critical, rapidly changing environment with minimal daily oversight
- Start-up hustle and mentality are a must. Startup experience is a big plus.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Experience running multi-state payrolls for an hourly workforce
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with payroll software.
Key Attributes for Success
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- You are able to balance the ability to be bold and think about innovative solutions
- You demonstrate a strong drive for results and success; convey a sense of urgency to achieve outcomes and exceed expectations; persist despite obstacles, setbacks, and competing influences
- You possess a high degree of integrity – you will handle sensitive information such as compensation and personal information, and we expect you to maintain confidentiality
- You thrive in uncertain, rapidly changing environments – no two days will be the same
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
- Three to five years of related experience is required.
- Certified Payroll Professional, is a plus
Vangst is the cannabis industry’s hiring platform. Vangst helps cannabis companies find the talent they need to grow their business. From on-demand gig workers to trained & credential full-time employees, Vangst has built the industry’s go-to talent marketplace for all cannabis hiring. Vangst is proud to work with 1,200+ of the cannabis industry’s leading businesses.
Since raising their seed round in 2018, Vangst has become one of the fastest growing companies in the cannabis industry and was recognized as one of Fast Companies most innovative companies.
Today, over 300,000 people have full-time jobs in the cannabis industry and this number is expected to triple over the next five years. Vangst is on a mission to fill every job in the cannabis industry.
Vangst’s headquarters is in Denver, CO. Vangst is a Series B company and backed by Lerer Hippeau, Colle Capital, Level One Fund, Snoop Dog’s Casa Verde Capital, and others.