Company & Role Overview
An Assistant General Manager is the lead Patient Care Specialist; talented at both motivating people and moving product! This indispensable team member rallies and organizes our passionate team of Patient Care Specialists and loves grinding away at the details of record-keeping and logging data to keep the store blazing along from open to close. The Assistant Store Manager pays close attention to sales records as well as state and local regulations to make sure everything at the dispensary is always up to snuff.
- Provide best-in-class customer service
- Lead the Patient Care team in accordance with GTI's mission, vision, goals, and objectives
- Follow established policies for sales and customer service to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of every product and strain in the store, as well as industry-wide product knowledge
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining inventory levels, ensuring an assortment of product, and communicating inventory action items with the GM or Store Manager
- Assist all patients and customers in making the right product choices by being knowledgeable of how different methods of cannabis consumption affect our patients differently. Suggest dosage starting points and upward titration for inexperienced patients
- Complete and appropriately delegate (if applicable) tasks assigned during scheduled shift, including:
- Correct cash handling and discount application
- Verification of proper paperwork, documentation, and ID for patients
- Accurate use and maintenance of the Point of Sale (POS) system
- Accurate and timely data entry of patient profiles in both the POS system and the regulatory electronic verification systems
- Assistance in verifying order deliveries for accuracy
- Security measures and safety compliance
- Maintenance of an organized and clean store
- Management of visitor log
- Maintenance of open communication with the management team and other coworkers
- Reporting of team member issues or patient situations
- Work with General Manager and/or Store Manager to ensure retail store operations run smoothly, properly, and in compliance with the applicable rules and regulations, including: daily activities, maintenance, and patient information for any reported issues and/or complaints
- Work with the Store Manager and/or the GM to properly onboard and train new Patient Care Specialists
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Cannabis experience preferred
- 2+ years in a supervisory or management role in a retail setting required, preference for specialty retail
- Inventory control experience required
- Must be proactive, with strong work ethic, attention to detail, and strong communication and leadership skills
- Meet timelines consistently and be able to effectively work under pressure
- Continuously open to constructive, developmental feedback
- High level of interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment, often working cross functionally
- Strong math skills
- Ability to use standard office equipment and computer software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications, and email
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must possess valid driver's license or state ID
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal and company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be able to lift, carry, and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance). This job function may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over, and/or crouching.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits, Paid Time Off, Company Discounts, Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation, Free Snacks / Drinks, Inclusive Environment, Life Insurance, Lunch & Learns, Paid Parental Leave, Relaxed / Casual Dress Code, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Work From Home / Remote
About Green Thumb Industries
Calling all curious, collaborative, compassionate, boundary-pushing, trustworthy stewards: There’s a place for you.
Join us on our mission to promote well-being through the power of cannabis while giving back to the communities in which we serve.
People are everything at Green Thumb. Some of us nurture plants while others pore over legal documents or open new stores. A few things we have in common? We’re stewards of the plant, a happy and humble bunch and genuinely love what we do.