The TerrAscend Organization (OTCM: TRSSF) is permitted to cultivate, process, and dispense premium medical marijuana products to the medical marijuana patients in US States that have legalized medical marijuana products in a compassionate and safe manner. We are also committed to serving those states that have legalized recreational use by providing premium products. TerrAscend is creating an enduring, world-class company capable of operating under the standards of a highly regulated business looking to shape the future of marijuana-based therapies in the markets we serve.
Processing Lab Technicians are responsible for the extraction, refinement, and analysis of medical cannabis oil and associated product formulations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and analyze in-process cannabis samples for in-house Shimadzu HPLC
- Control the operating parameters of high-precision instruments
- Implement established best practices and standard operating procedures
- Responsible for daily duties related to the manufacturing process of medical cannabis products
- Operate heavy duty CO2 extraction and refinement equipment
- Troubleshooting extraction equipment and refinement machines
- Daily cleaning of product equipment and work areas
- Fill out and review daily laboratory paperwork while correcting/reporting errors in a timely manner
- Record and maintain medical cannabis processing in the METRC seed-to-sale system
- Enforce and comply with safety procedures
- Assist the pre-roll/packaging/trimming teams as time allows
- Perform other related work as required.
Job Qualification Requirements:
- Experience and familiarity with HPLC operation and data analysis is heavily preferred.
- Must be able to perform pipetting and operate centrifuges, vortexes, analytical balances, and other common laboratory equipment.
- Must stay current and adhere to all policy regulations of the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC)
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail
- Basic knowledge and familiarity with Cannabis Extraction techniques
- Familiarity with production and warehouse procedures
- Excellent computer, mathematic, language, and reasoning skills
- Must be 21 years of age; able to pass a background check; not have been convicted of any felony offense.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; 2-year experience preferred
- High level of integrity.
The physical demands, work environment factors and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must display professional telephone etiquette and be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively present information in one on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graph
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry our instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 or more pounds and regularly move up to 50 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is normal. The employee is frequently exposed to an environment of natural chemical fumes, herbal aromas, airborne particles, exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. Employee may have exposure to conditions such as dust and particles that affect the respiratory system, eyes, or the skin, depending on department job assignments. Personal Protective Equipment is provided for employees to utilize.
Background Check Requirement
As a condition of employment, a complete background investigation will be conducted based on the rules of the specific State in which the employee is hired. Typically, the state investigative process includes a state and federal background check. Individuals that have been convicted of a criminal offense related to the sale or possession of illegal drugs, narcotics or controlled substances may not hold a position with TerrAscend.
All agents (employees) in Maryland must undergo and pass a pre-employment drug screening before working. Please note that there is an exception for marijuana if you carry a current, valid state Medical Marijuana card and are a patient registered with an active status with the State of Maryland.
This organization participates in E-Verify.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.. Si E-Verify no puede confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar, este empleador está requerido a darle instrucciones por escrito y una oportunidad de contactar al Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS) o a la Administración del Seguro Social (SSA) para que pueda empezar a resolver el problema antes de que el empleador pueda tomar cualquier acción en su contra, incluyendo la terminación de su empleo. Los empleadores sólo pueden utilizar E-Verify una vez que usted haya aceptado una oferta de trabajo y completado el Formulario I-9. Para más información sobre E-Verify, o si usted cree que su empleador ha violado sus responsabilidades de E-Verify, por favor contacte a DHS.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.