Company & Role Overview
Our Client is shaping the future of the cannabis industry, the fastest growing jobs sector in the U.S. The Cultivation Technician is responsible for care and maintenance of the company’s plants. Tends to the plants including watering, potting, training, and movement of plant material and green waste.
SalaryNo information available
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.401(k) with Company Match, Career Advancement, Career Training, Company Discounts, Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits, Inclusive Environment, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Relaxed / Casual Dress Code, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
DatesNo information available.
The job is performed indoors and outdoors. Must be able to work in hot, humid environments for extended periods of time with exposure to dust, allergens, and water. Appropriate PPE will be provided. Activities include extended periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, stooping and bending. Twisting in tight areas may also be required at times.
Jushi continues to grow rapidly with new cultivation, manufacturing & retail licenses!
- Applies irrigation and fertilizers in accordance with company policy and application schedule.
- Performs regular quality assessments in all growth areas for signs of disease and/or infestation, and records data in master record.
- Adheres to a rigorous schedule ensuring actions are done accurately and in a timely manner.
- Labels plants and ensures that an accurate inventory is maintained at all times.
- Records all activities in a state mandated computer system.
- Assists in harvesting plant material on schedule including drying and de-stemming.
- Perform stripping and grinding of cannabis materials.
- Maintains the cleanliness of all assigned areas.
- Reports any event or condition that might affect plant growth and development to the director of cultivation.
- Responsible for light to medium maintenance of growing systems including pipes, pumps, lights, and HVAC.
- Responsible for application of nutrients as well as recording of application as determined by the Cultivation Manager.
- Able to work independently as well as operating as part of a team.
- Adhere to strict sanitation practices throughout the facility
- Any tasks, as determined by the Cultivation Manager, to ensure smooth operation of the facility.
- Perform desk-based computer tasks
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including periodic weekends
- Occasionally Twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
- Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication may be required.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- Some heavy lifting may be required. Exertion of up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally may be required.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment and cultivation hand tools.
- Must be comfortable operating and troubleshooting label printing equipment.
- One year of experience in horticulture or related field preferred
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in any Horticulture preferred
- At least 1-2 years relevant experience working in an order entry/picking/labeling/packaging/customer service position.
- Excellent computer, mathematical, language and reasoning skills
- General computer ability
High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) required #GIGslife