Company & Role Overview
"Timely Customer Service & Account Management are everything in this crazy business..." KEY TO LIFE (KTL), headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado is seeking exceptionally talented, motivated and experienced Independent Sales Representatives to support the company’s mission and growth. New hires will join a passionate and growing team dedicated to being a front-runner in the practice of organic and environmentally sustainable agriculture, horticulture, and hydroponics. Through leadership in education, grounded by fact-based science and innovation in all forms of agriculture, our goal is to be the industry leader in 21st century sustainable horticultural technologies. We live by the mantra that “Our grower’s success is our success—from seed to sale.” The KTL Independent Sales Rep is responsible for driving sales revenue. The rep manages and maintains existing accounts to encourage adoption of KTL products and services, and prospects for new accounts. The rep uses KTL’s CRM to track and manage new and existing accounts. A good rep is in frequent communication (email, phone, text) with the customers and prospects in their territory, and documents each interaction in the CRM. The Rep is responsible for gathering relevant information and facilitating communications and consulting for customers and prospects. KTL employs a consultative approach to selling, which entails asking questions designed to draw out information from the customer about their situation, problems, successes, goals and objectives for the future. By understanding the customer’s situation, KTL is in a better position to provide products and services to ensure customer success.
SalaryNo information available
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.No information available.
DatesNo information available.
No information provided.
About Key to Life Supply
At Key To Life, our mission is to be a front-runner in the practice of organic and environmentally sustainable agriculture, horticulture, and hydroponics; to encourage responsible stewardship of the planet, because “we do not inherit the earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
We invite you to join us in that mission and to watch your success grow!
- Leverage existing industry contacts to bring in new, qualified prospects
- Qualify and vet new prospects
- Deal negotiation and closing business
- Ongoing account and relationship management
- Gather grow requirements, soil reports and water reports in order to vet new prospective customers.
- Attend trade shows and work KTL booths in your territory.
- Enter all customer interactions in CRM system.
- Provide consistent, friendly and professional follow up.
- Regular participation in weekly sales team meetings.
- Participate in social media, networking and PR efforts.
- Visit customer farms and grows for consulting and relationship building.
- Represent "voice of the customer" by providing feedback on product performance, emerging needs and trends.
- Support a culture that expects high levels of performance with a strong work ethic and a can-do, positive attitude.
No information provided.
The successful candidate will be comfortable with a lean, quickly growing organization with co-workers and stakeholders located in a variety of locations and time zones. He/she must have strong experience of horticulture methods, common problems and viable solutions. In addition, she/he must be innovative and prepared to work in a fast paced environment, as well as highly self-directed and willing to take initiative. Sense of urgency, timely response and time management are required in an environment where priorities are constantly shifting. The ideal candidate also has the ability to not only respond to a direct inquiry, but also use his/her experience to expand upon the request in order to best promote the company’s products and services.
- Extensive industry contacts and relationships a key requirement.
- 5 years direct experience in commercial growing desired.
- 5 years direct selling experience desired.
- Fearless negotiation and ability to close deals.
- Must be highly detail-oriented and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Strong knowledge of consultative selling.
- Ability to understand and empathize with customer needs and concerns.
- Ability to adapt / tailor dialogue to customer’s level of knowledge.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to shift with changing priorities.
- Proven ability to provide consistent, timely, friendly and professional follow up.
- Basic technical (computer / internet) working knowledge necessary.
- Basic understanding of organic growing practices, nutrients, micro nutrients and living soil a plus.
- CRM system experience a plus.
- Ability to develop high levels of collaboration with KTL grow specialists, management and fellow members of our virtual sales team.
- Working knowledge of Google Suite a plus.
- Alignment with company values around organic cultivation, sustainability and environmental consciousness.
No information provided.