As our Junior Recruiter, you will be responsible for sourcing and screening candidates for temporary and temp-to-hire openings for our clients, you will also be approving qualified candidates, walking them through onboarding steps, and managing the relationship with them while they are working on a project.
Key Attributes for Success
- A resilient and entrepreneurial spirit with a growth mindset
- A true team player willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done to succeed
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership
- Able to create, maintain and build professional relationships and rapport
- Have a strong desire to grow professionally and personally
- Have a sound knowledge of market trends
- Flexibility - this role will be ever-changing
- A communication rockstar
Actively recruit candidates to build a healthy pipeline of candidates.
Screen candidates who create an initial profile on Vangst via phone.
Approve candidates and walk them through the remaining steps for onboarding and arriving on-site to client projects/openings
Ensure approved candidates complete all paperwork and orientation online.
Achieve staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates; advising managers internally as well as informing clients on candidate labor trends.
Determine applicant requirements by studying job descriptions and job qualifications.
Attract applicants by placing job advertisements, and job sites.
-Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants, analyzing responses, verifying references, and comparing qualifications to job requirements.
Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers, and interviewing applicants on a consistent set of qualifications.
Work with CS, Marketing, and Tech team to creatively source new GIGS candidates via in-person activations (career fairs, pop-ups, etc).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds at times.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Previous Industry Experience Preferred
- Start-Up Environment
- High Volume Staffing Agency Experience
- Gig Workers (Short-Term) clientele Experience
- Cannabis Industry Knowledge
- Customer Service Experience
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Some travel may be required
- Location: Position is available locally in Denver, Co, or remote nationally.
- This is a full-time salaried exempt position
40-45k DOE = Commission
Who should apply
-1-2 years high-volume, outbound calling experience in recruiting or applicable function
-You have a “green-heart” for the cannabis industry
-You thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing start-up environment.
-You are results-oriented and go the extra mile in all situations.
-You have strong attention to detail and a proven track record of following processes and procedures.
-College degree in Human Resources or an associated field of study is preferred but not required or equivalent work experience
-You have great communication skills and are excited to meet potential candidates and help them navigate the roles they are interested in.
-You are a strong team player who emphasizes team success over individual success.
-You are adept at handling multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, results-driven, time-critical, rapidly changing environment with minimal daily oversight
-You are able to balance the ability to be bold and think about innovative solutions
-You learn proactively, always seeking to improve yourself and your knowledge base.
-You demonstrate a strong drive for results and success; convey a sense of urgency to achieve outcomes and exceed expectations; persist despite obstacles, setbacks, and competing influences
-Personable, action-oriented, and hard-working
-Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews
-Hands-on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference check, etc)
-Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), and Candidate Management Systems (CMS) preferred
-Strong decision-making skills
College degree in Human Resources or an associated field of study preferred, but not required or equivalent work experience
Vangst is cannabis industry's talent network. Our mission is to help the entire cannabis industry succeed by matching the best cannabis businesses with the best talent on the market.
Since launching in 2016, we've helped over 1,500 cannabis businesses match with great talent, from full-time to temporary, and we're just getting started.
We're aggressively growing our internal team and we'd love to meet you! Check out more about our company and all of our open jobs HERE!
Let’s get you hired! To apply to this job, create a free Vangst account below. Once you’re in, you can complete and submit your application right from this page.