Company & Role Overview
Founded in 2017, Dutchie is a comprehensive technology platform powering dispensary operations, while providing consumers with safe and easy access to cannabis. Dutchie aims to further support the positive societal change the cannabis industry brings to the world through wellness benefits, social justice, and empowering local communities through tax revenue. Powering thousands of dispensaries across 40+ markets throughout the United States and Canada, Dutchie is the leading technology company in the cannabis space and was named in Fast Company's 10 Most Innovative Companies in North America and listed two years in a row on LinkedIn's Top 50 Startups.
Dutchie has raised over $600M in funding to date, backed by D1 Capital Partners, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DFJ Growth, Thrive Capital, Howard Schultz, Snoop Dogg's Casa Verde Capital, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant's Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About This Job
We are looking for an experienced Revenue Accounting Manager to play an important role in our growth story. As the Revenue Accounting Manager you will be responsible for overseeing revenue accounting for our core SaaS and related business lines and contract acquisition cost accounting. This is a challenging, highly visible role in an exciting area that requires problem solving, designing new processes, and the ability to develop complex models. You will join the accounting team in a player/coach role and report directly to the Director of Technical Accounting.
What You'll Do...
- Oversee day-to-day accounting activities for core business lines and contract acquisition costs ensuring compliance with GAAP, internal policies, and external audits.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of team's month-end journal entries, flux analyses, reconciliations and supporting schedules.
- Partner with engineering and product teams to build scalable revenue recognition processes.
- Analyze and document the revenue treatment of deals to identify non-standard terms with revenue impacts.
- Read and interpret legal language in contracts, research accounting guidance and summarize in technical memos.
- Analyze the stand-alone selling price, management judgements, and other assumptions used to assess revenue recognition under ASC 606 and contract acquisition costs under ASC 340.
- Collaborate with other Finance and cross-functional teams on monthly close matters, including financial statement and footnote preparation.
- Responsible for training, performance management, and career development of direct reports.
- Other special projects, duties, and ad hoc reporting as assigned including assisting with internal and external audits.
What You Bring...
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field; CPA required (active or inactive).
- 7+ years of related revenue accounting experience, preferably within the SaaS/Tech/Subscription revenue environment.
- 2+ years of manager or supervisory experience.
- Strong understanding of ASC 606 and ASC 340-40 for SaaS companies
- Oral and written communication skills to interact with upper levels of management.
- Understand how to effectively work with other business groups to accomplish goals.
- Data-oriented and unfazed by large datasets.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time appropriately.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Hands-on, flexible, and a team player able to function in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Experience researching, applying, and documenting accounting rules.
- Strong functional knowledge of the following areas: subscription model revenue recognition, reconciliations, contract review, commissions and contract acquisition cost capitalization and amortization, preparing deal memos, preparing quarterly assumption updates, and system architecture.
- Understanding of month end close, GAAP, SOX and audit concepts and requirements required.
- Tech savvy, spreadsheet master; SQL experience a plus.
- Experience working with Salesforce and FinancialForce is strongly preferred.
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation and sick days
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance
At Dutchie, we're committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Dutchie believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary.Career Advancement, Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits, Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation, Inclusive Environment, Paid Time Off, Life Insurance, Lunch & Learns, Paid Parental Leave, Relaxed / Casual Dress Code, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Work From Home / Remote
Dutchie is an all-in-one technology platform offering a full suite of solutions to simplify operations: Point of Sale, Ecommerce, Payments, and more. It is our mission to provide consumers with safe and easy access and supports the wave of positive societal change that cannabis is bringing to the world.