The Laboratory Technician is responsible for navigating day-to-day laboratory operations. Under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager, Lab Technicians will use various extraction methods including ethanol, hydrocarbon, and supercritical CO 2 with the goal of optimizing lab procedures and producing consistent, safe, and quality products. Communication skills, organization, attention to safety, detail and time management are essential skills for this role. The ideal candidate must possess a strong work ethic, high attention to detail, and the ability to take initiative in a team environment.
- Provide feedback to the management team to improve processes and core functions
- Effectively communicate projects, and findings to area leadership
- Help create a proactive and positive environment; a positive attitude and self-motivation to help produce a high-quality product, while meeting and/or exceeding personal and/or company goals
- Handles day to day operations including general upkeep
- Handles and ensures all data capture is accurate
- Ensures all operations in lab are fully compliant
- Handles all green waste material to compliant protocol and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring laboratory is organized and cleaned daily
- Helps maintain equipment and schedule needed parts and preventative maintenance
- Orders and inventories consumable items monthly
- Handles daily reporting of production
- Helps train new technicians
- Helps with scheduling
Quality & Operational
- Updates SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) as needed
- Complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner according to company SOPs
- Maintains consistent attendance
- Guarantees all products are being manufactured to the highest levels of safety and efficacy.
- Ensures production quotas are met on time and meets quality requirements
- Works closely with Lab Manager to ensure all Lab functions are operating to the best possible capacity.
- Manages monthly inventory auditing and reporting
- Keeps all metric data up to date accurate
- Keeps all raw materials, work in progress, and finished goods in locked secure areas when lab is left unattended.
People & Development
- Assist peers and new hires in learning about the business and equipment
- Maintain a high level of morale and enthusiasm to assist the team
- Continually increase knowledge of products, policies and procedures, and industry standards
- Comply with all internal and external standards & regulations
- Adhere to all safety policies and wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to demonstrate ownership, accountability, initiative, and quality of work
- Skilled in analyzing potential problems with a plant or the product being processed
- Adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure, methods, and techniques
- Maintain high attention to detail while completing multiple tasks
- Positive, team-centered attitude with solid interpersonal, written and communication skills
• Functional Acumen - Consistently shows comprehensive knowledge, skills, and abilities in the functional area(s) for which they are responsible, and understands the fit with overall business goals
• Emotional Intelligence - Consistently executes the four (4) principles of EQ (i.e., self-awareness, social awareness, self-management, relationship management)
• Intellectual Agility: Consistently evaluates challenges and opportunities from a variety of angles, taking in multiple inputs, and arrives at reasonable business decisions
• Collaborate - Consistently maintains effective teaming relationships with internal parties, and as applicable, external parties
• Dependable - Can be consistently trusted to execute their job responsibilities on-time and within scope, and meets or exceeds targeted business results
• Upholds Company Values - Consistently role-models and supports execution of the Company core values
- Two- or four-year degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, engineering, natural sciences or related field; advanced degree (preferred)
- Knowledge of medical marijuana law and medicinal benefits (preferred)
- Knowledge in pharmaceutical formulation and/or plant genetics (preferred)
- Expertise in various cannabis extraction methods and techniques (preferred)
- At least one (1) year industry experience (preferred)
- At least two (2) years of laboratory experience (preferred)
- Every job applicant must pass a comprehensive background check, including the mandates of the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission. A job offer issued before the completion of a background check shall be contingent upon a positive result. A negative background check result may lead to the withdrawal of the job offer.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Able to stand on concrete floors for extended periods, and kneel, stoop, bend, twist, in tight areas
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Repetitive use of hands for all functions
*All candidates must be ready, willing, and able to work a fully flexible work schedule to include nights and weekends to meet fluctuating business demands
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required and includes all other duties as assigned by management.
TILT is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to DEI. All qualified job applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to fostering diversity and leveraging the value of diversity with equity and inclusion.
For Company information, visit: www.tiltholdings.com
The people that make up Commonwealth Alternative Care (CAC) are a group of passionate cannabis advocates that are rooted in our community in and around Taunton, MA! We've built relationships with our neighbors to aid with fair and equitable access to cannabis, crafted intentional partnerships to source products/ingredients from local businesses, and give back to grassroots organizations around our state. We love what we do and work every day to produce the best products for our patients. Not to brag or anything, but we were recently crowned "Best THC Edible" by NECANN for 2020!
Our people are at the very center of what makes us great, and because of this, we invest in our employees, offering a comprehensive compensation package that includes benefits and career growth opportunities.
Benefits we offer to full-time employees
- 100% Employer Paid Premiums for Comprehensive Healthcare Plans (Health/Dental/Vision) / 70% for eligible dependents
- 10 days of Paid Time Off for your first year
- Internal promotions
- Referral bonus program
- Employee discount
CAC is committed to providing the safest workplace possible given the recent COVID-19 health concerns. This includes providing PPE to all employees, ongoing cleaning measures, and trying to schedule/space work to allow us to follow CDC guidelines.
Commonwealth Alternative Care (CAC) is a subsidiary of Tilt Holdings.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Free Snacks / Drinks
Gender Neutral Facilities
Lunch & Learns
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote