Founded in 2017, Dutchie is a comprehensive technology platform powering dispensary operations, while providing consumers with safe and easy access to cannabis. Dutchie aims to further support the positive societal change the cannabis industry brings to the world through wellness benefits, social justice, and empowering local communities through tax revenue. Powering thousands of dispensaries across 40+ markets throughout the United States and Canada, Dutchie is the leading technology company in the cannabis space and was named in Fast Company's 10 Most Innovative Companies in North America and listed two years in a row on LinkedIn's Top 50 Startups.
Dutchie has raised over $600M in funding to date, backed by D1 Capital Partners, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DFJ Growth, Thrive Capital, Howard Schultz, Snoop Dogg's Casa Verde Capital, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant's Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About This Job
The Dutchie Brand Studio team is looking for an imaginative and agile Senior Copywriter to lead the continued development of our brand voice and all copywriting execution to generate impactful messaging for the Dutchie brand. This role will be responsible for establishing a strategic tone of voice for the brand and crafting copy across paid, owned, and earned channels. Beyond having a keen grasp for language, voice, and editing, this person should be comfortable writing in short form and long form, and understand nuances of tonality across audiences (outline audiences) and channels.
This role reports directly to Dutchie's Head of Design and sits within Dutchie's larger design organization. You will be a key member of the Dutchie Brand Studio and collaborate closely with our product, design, and marketing teams. With this level of high impact work, as well as Dutchie's position in the industry, your contribution will shape the future of cannabis and culture.
What You'll Do...
- Be responsible for evolving and developing the Dutchie brand voice.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing and design teams to lead messaging strategies and write copy for the Dutchie brand, including product launch campaigns, social content, lifecycle campaigns, paid advertising, employer brand content, and other strategic initiatives.
- Generate fresh ideas and concepts that strategically solve for the messaging objectives of creative briefs.
- Ensure copy and content meets a high bar for excellence with a sharp eye for copy mechanics, style guide usage, tone, and consistency.
- Own the overall development, reviews, and edits of copy projects in close collaboration with marketing and design.
What You Bring...
- 5+ years of writing experience, including 2+ years of B2B experience
- Multi-channel experience writing in a unified voice across touchpoints for brands, i.e., campaign, point of sale, social content, packaging, product naming and descriptions, website micro copy, video etc.
- An understanding of and experience with cascading an idea across the full marketing funnel
- Experience with refining brand tone and crafting writing style guidelines
- Deep knowledge of how copy relates to design and photography to generate compelling creative concepts
- Understanding of using data, metrics, and marketing strategy to inform copy approach
- Ability to organize and synthesize information from multiple sources and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation and sick days
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance
At Dutchie, we're committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Dutchie believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation
Paid Time Off
Lunch & Learns
Paid Parental Leave
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote