Time CommitmentFULL TIME
Nowave is looking for a chemist to join our growing team of creative minds to help in the formulation, production, and analysis of new products.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
DatesNo information available.
- Operating extraction and refinement equipment including falling film solvent reclamation systems and wiped film distillation units.
- Learning and improving on current production methods.
- Assisting in assay preparation for chromatography analysis.
- Providing chemical insight into new product development.
- Assist in creating and monitoring quality control standards.
- Maintaining a detailed lab notebook.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently sitting and standing
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, -use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally Twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Complete any needed assistance including oversight and coverage outside of the assigned region as required
- An environment with a moderate to loud noise level
No description provided.
- Good understanding of basic laboratory techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with science, sales, and manufacturing teams.
Extra consideration will be applied to applicants who have:
- 2+ years of industry laboratory experience.
- Extraction and/or hemp handling experience.
- Experience in mechanical or chemical engineering roles.
- Working knowledge of HPLC and other analytical methods and instruments.
BA/BS in Chemistry or related field.
$52,000.00 / year / year
Nowave is one of New York State’s leading cannabis processors, with a 47,000 square foot facility in Rochester, NY, we extract, refine, and process cannabis into a variety of products such as gummies, tinctures, confections, beverages, vapes and more.