SummaryEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the umbrella of Acreage Holdings, a national leading cannabis firm, The Botanist in Sterling, MA, has an immediate need for a full-time Cultivation Lead. We deeply believe in the transformational power that cannabis has to heal and change the world. Our mission is to champion and provide access to cannabis' beneficial properties by creating the best quality products and experiences.
- Take on the daily care of existing clones, paying close attention to the changing irrigation needs through the clones' time in Prop.
- Inspect all clone trays every day; remove and document any dead clones on clone tracking sheet and deletion log, being sure to remove the appropriate BioTrack tags (from the back of the series) from the bag of "untagged" attached to the tracking sheets.
- Assemble supplies for propagation 1 day prior to cloning.
- Maintain awareness of clone supply inventory and communicate any restocking needs to Cultivation Manager and Purchasing Manager via email.
- Ensure that all clone trays are prepared and labeled properly.
- Work with Cultivation Manager to continue developing and refining Clone Care SOP
- Document on prop tracking sheet when first roots appear by strain/pheno.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization on prop racks and in prop area.
- Instruct co-workers in proper clone preparation and daily care techniques
- Monitor quality and quantity of clones taken, as well as the pace of prop crew; Carefully log mother plant ID's and the corresponding #'s of clones taken from each mother plant.
- Follow prop sheet closely, making sure that the target numbers are being reached and that clones from different mother plants are not grouped together in the same tray (viroid concerns).
- Make sure that reusable prop supplies are cleaned and sanitized in a timely manner.
- Maintain open and frequent communication with Cultivation Manager, Mother Room Lead, and Veg Lead.
- Maintain consistent lines of communication with Cultivation Manager, Cultivation Supervisor, Cultivation Assistant Supervisor, Mother Plant Lead, Veg Lead, and Flower Lead regarding all things plant-inventory-related.
- Serve as Cultivation Department Liaison with Compliance Officer
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe working environment inside the cultivation and surrounding areas
- Follow all State mandated regulations pertaining to the cultivation of cannabis operations
- Develop working knowledge of all equipment within specified grow rooms including but not limited to irrigation system/components, fan operation, reading of BMS and lighting equipment.
- Proper usage, maintenance, and storage of all tools and equipment, including but not limited to shop vacuums, pumps, hoses, carts, pruners, scissors, stools, gloves, rags, and personal protective equipment
- Be vigilant while conducting the daily inspection of plants to identify pests / disease / deficiencies / excesses, intersex traits, male flowers, abnormal growth, and report findings to Cultivation Manager and Cultivation Supervisor.
- Review and comply with all procedures and instructions on in-room checklists
- Maintain accurate record of cultural practices, data collection, other crop-related logs as assigned by the Cultivation Manager and Supervisor
- Learn and cross train across all cultural practices throughout each growth phase
- Implement daily feeding and care schedule as directed by Cultivation Manager and Supervisor
- Complete daily and periodic duties as assigned
- Assist in completion of secondary cultivation labor tasks at the direction of the Cultivation Supervisor/Lead
Basic Qualifications: Must be 21+ years of age
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience in horticulture, botany, or related field preferred
- Knowledge of biology and chemistry related to plant growth and nutrition
- Knowledge of basic computer and office equipment operations (inventory systems; Word; Excel; office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems)
- Work history showing progressive responsibility, willingness to accept additional projects or challenges.
- Weekend availability as needed.
- Knowledge of plant tracking software, both site approved and state-mandated.
- Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook) with the ability to maintain accurate records of reservoirs, equipment and other crop related logs assigned by the Cultivation Manager.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs for a distance of 100ft
- Occasional extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
- Ability to maintain focus and attention to detail
- Absolute reliability and honesty
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Acreage Holdings, Inc., and its affiliated companies (collectively, the "Company") value the health, safety and wellbeing of its employees, customers, their families, and other visitors of our offices and facilities and have instituted several safeguards and protective measures, including mandatory vaccination requirements, to prevent the spread of COVID-19 exposures and infections. Accordingly, the Company's Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be eligible for employment with the Company, except for individuals with a documented and approved medical or religious exemption, or other exemption as provided under applicable law.
For purposes of this Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, an individual is considered fully vaccinated when two weeks have passed following receipt of the second dose in a two-dose vaccination series (such as Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks have passed following a single-dose vaccination (such Johnson & Johnson). Additionally, candidates who accept an offer of employment will be provided with instructions for securely submitting proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to the individual's start date, as well as the Company's process for requesting and completing an applicable medical or religious exemption form. No medical documentation should be submitted to the Company prior to receiving such instructions from the Company's recruiter or other designated human resources professional.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.