SummaryIn Grown Farms is a subsidiary of Acreage Holdings focused on growing and producing high quality product in the Illinois market. Reporting into the Director of Cultivation, the Cultivation Technician provides the daily care and focused attention necessary to produce clean, potent, safe medicine for our patients. The successful candidate will possess a passion for horticulture and a willingness to continually learn more about the subject. This entry-level position offers the opportunity to learn and grow with the company from the ground up, and to take on increasing levels of responsibility over time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily care of medicine from seed/clone to harvest; monitoring environmental factors to maximize production and prevent failures; and maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and sanitation inside the cultivation area.
- Implement daily feeding & care schedule as directed by Cultivation Manager
- Maintain consistency and discretion when pruning crop at various stages
- Maintain consistency, uniformity and accuracy when repotting crop at various stages
- Routine visual inspection of plants to identify any pests/deficiencies and reporting findings to Cultivation Lead
- Crop propagation to meet inventory requirements as determined by Cultivation Lead
- Maintains accurate records of reservoirs, equipment and other crop related logs assigned by Cultivation Lead
- Accurately scans inventory into designated location(s)
- Proper usage, maintenance and storage of all tools and equipment, including but not limited to: shop vacuums, pumps, hoses, carts, fiskars, scissors, loppers, stools, gloves, rags, and goggles.
- Completes daily and periodic cleaning tasks as assigned. Daily cleaning consists of: sweeping and spot mopping all areas on the cultivation floor, common bathroom, break room, and loading area
- Proper disposal of waste at the end of each day
- Assists in completing other secondary cultivation tasks at the direction of the Cultivation Lead according to company needs
- Maintains a clean, safe environment inside the cultivation area
- Other duties as needed/assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate degree in horticulture, agriculture, biology, chemistry or related field preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience in horticulture, botany, or related field
- Knowledge of basic computer & office equipment operations (inventory systems; Word; Excel; office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems)
- Math required for inventory, projections, and measurements
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize, maintain confidentiality, and work effectively as part of a team
- Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of 100 feet
- This position requires occasional extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
- Must pass background check (state mandated)
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Acreage Holdings, Inc., and its affiliated companies (collectively, the "Company") value the health, safety and wellbeing of its employees, customers, their families, and other visitors of our offices and facilities and have instituted several safeguards and protective measures, including mandatory vaccination requirements, to prevent the spread of COVID-19 exposures and infections. Accordingly, the Company's Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be eligible for employment with the Company, except for individuals with a documented and approved medical or religious exemption, or other exemption as provided under applicable law.
For purposes of this Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, an individual is considered fully vaccinated when two weeks have passed following receipt of the second dose in a two-dose vaccination series (such as Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks have passed following a single-dose vaccination (such Johnson & Johnson). Additionally, candidates who accept an offer of employment will be provided with instructions for securely submitting proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to the individual's start date, as well as the Company's process for requesting and completing an applicable medical or religious exemption form. No medical documentation should be submitted to the Company prior to receiving such instructions from the Company's recruiter or other designated human resources professional.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.