SummaryBe part of the cannabis industry in Vegas!
Join our team of helpful and happy, Breakdown Technicians that have a passion in the well-being of others. The work week is 5 days, Monday-Friday from 7:00AM to 3:30PM. The starting pay is $16.00. We offer a great benefits package, vacation time and paid holidays. Plus, enjoy a 40% discount at our dispensaries on our brand name product lines.
At Green Thumb Industries we have a growth mindset and that is grounded in well-being. We believe in the right to have access, options, and most importantly, the safest cannabis products available for the communities we serve. This is the time to join us - we need you to help us create change and new possibilities.
The Breakdown Technician provides manual labor which supports the post-cultivation activities. This position will be responsible for breaking down the dried cannabis plant into the required formats for processing or flower sales.
Safety & Compliance:
- Be aware of hazards in the workspace
- Retain and understand department specific training
- Report safety incidents/ concerns and comply with follow-up actions
- Be compliant with area safety requirements, state regulations and PPE requirements
- Follow GMP, biosecurity, sanitation or other quality and compliance requirements
- Perform record keeping accurately and completely as directed by a lead or supervisor
- Maintain and calibrate tools, equipment and machinery as directed by a lead or supervisor
- Report and escalate safety & quality concerns
- Breakdown of plant: must be able to use hands
- Ensure efficient post-harvest processes; shucking (removal of flower), trimming, and other activities required.
- Able and willing to meet daily production metrics.
- Maintains quality standards.
- Organizes and maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Participates in the room set-up and break-down ad contributes to the any clean-up process of area and equipment.
- Follow department specific work instructions and SOP's
- The ability to recognize different strains, requirements associated with the strain, growth patterns and identify anomalies within the plants
Teamwork (makes the dream work):
- Participate in daily communication meetings
- Elevate issues to a lead, direct manager, and HR as appropriate
- Create a positive working environment
- Escalate areas of process improvement
- Perform any additional tasks assigned by a manager or lead
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED; associates degree or certifications preferred
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others while also completing individually assigned tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment
- Must be able to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements
- The position requires a strong attention to detail, effective time-management skills and ability to work in a highly regulated environment.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform reaching, grasping, bending, stooping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry, and balance up to 50 pounds AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with product.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation
Free Snacks / Drinks
Lunch & Learns
Paid Parental Leave
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote