Founded in 2017, Dutchie is a comprehensive technology platform powering dispensary operations, while providing consumers with safe and easy access to cannabis. Dutchie aims to further support the positive societal change the cannabis industry brings to the world through wellness benefits, social justice, and empowering local communities through tax revenue. Powering thousands of dispensaries across 40+ markets throughout the United States and Canada, Dutchie is the leading technology company in the cannabis space and was named in Fast Company's 10 Most Innovative Companies in North America and listed two years in a row on LinkedIn's Top 50 Startups.
Dutchie has raised over $600M in funding to date, backed by D1 Capital Partners, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DFJ Growth, Thrive Capital, Howard Schultz, Snoop Dogg's Casa Verde Capital, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant's Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About This Role
Dutchie is seeking a Chief of Staff to support our payments business. Dutchie's payment business is unique as it supports retailers (dispensaries) across two markets (US and Canada) that have different regulatory frameworks based on the federal and local laws related to Cannabis . Dutchie's core payment products are integrated debit and credit capabilities in Canada and an ACH based product in the US. Dutchie will continue to build and introduce new products that meet a market's needs and compliance requirements.
The Chief of Staff for Payments will join a team committed to ensuring our dispensaries and consumers have a best-in-class experience with our payment products from initial launch through their relationship with Dutchie. The role will span all cross-functional teams including: marketing, analytics, product, commercialization, sales, and customer support (CS).
Specifically, their role reports directly to the Vice President of Payments and acts as their right hand. The ideal candidate is just as strong at project management/analysis as they are at influencing senior leaders. This role will be responsible for running the operating system for the payments organization as well as driving strategic initiatives. In this highly visible role, it is equally important that this person be a strong individual contributor as much as a team player. They must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional departments to guide project execution, remove obstacles to ensure initiatives meet committed timelines.
Finally, the Chief of Staff will partner with the VP of Payments to help build the payments business. We need to build foundational reporting, analytics, operating rhythms and communications to ensure the payments business is operating smoothly. Example projects include working with our customer support team to ensure we have an ability to measure our customer's satisfaction with payments products. Set up a process to provide actionable customer feedback to cross-functional teams. Create and execute a strategy to stem preventable churn on payment products. The ideal candidate can roll with the punches, dig in and figure out how to overcome obstacles and make things happen.
What You'll Do...
- Develop the strategy and execute on the internal operational rhythms and communications that drive the payments business.
- Lead our payment team's cross-functional quarterly planning process.
- Facilitate effective use of functional meetings including weekly team meetings, monthly business reviews, All Hands, planning meetings and more.
- Manage the flow of information within the payments cross-functional team and act as strategic advisor to the VP of Payments to help drive and manage exponential growth.
- Identify ways to improve the team's operational workflow and drive process improvements.
- Drive key strategic initiatives including developing a voice of customer program and tracking for payment products, defining and launching a churn prevention strategy, develop strategic dashboards to measure the health of the payments business.
- Act as a bridge for smooth communication between the Payments team and other leaders across the organization. Build critical relationships for effective collaboration across the company to ensure strong alignment on both short and long-term strategy.
- Provide ad-hoc support on projects small to large; this could include mapping current processes, delivering analytics, preparing all hands presentations, researching new expansion explorations and more.
What You Bring...
- Strong desire to build and document processes, clarify roles and responsibilities to ensure we are a highly functional organization.
- You understand the scrappy nature of a start up and know what to build right now for scale as opposed to building a 100% automated solution that will come at a later stage.
- You have strong communication skills, as well as, change management and stakeholder management skills
- Growth mindset: You see out learning opportunities for yourself.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and cross-functionally with various teams.
- Experience in structuring and executing complex multi-product projects in a fast based, evolving environment.
- You are skilled in policy optimization, with a strong track record of translating policy to risk rules to optimize the desired outcomes (low customer friction while maintaining low losses)
- You possess excellent decision making skills. You have a proven track record of balancing the customer experience with the company's financial needs. You communicate early and often and know when to escalate.
- Working with large amounts of data comes easy to you. You enjoy digging in, finding trends and making recommendations based on what you're seeing. You are data-driven and outcome focused
- 8+ years in high-growth operations, technology or start up experience.
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation and sick days
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance
At Dutchie, we're committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Dutchie believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation
Paid Time Off
Lunch & Learns
Paid Parental Leave
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote