Taking care of our people and doing what's right for the business are complimentary imperatives at TILT Holdings Inc. ("TILT"). We are passionate about sustaining a business environment that is welcoming, respectful, equitable and inclusive for a diverse range of people.
Our Operations Division, also referred to as Commonwealth Alternative Care is a market leader in the cultivation, processing, production, distribution and sale of a wide variety of cannabis products. We currently operate two dispensaries in Taunton and Brockton, MA, and have a license to open one more in Cambridge, MA. In addition, through distribution arrangements we have placed our products and those of hundreds of strategic partners, into 50% of the dispensaries in MA.
The Trim & Cure Manager (TCM) is responsible for managing the trim department and monitors the curing process of the flower. Reporting directly to the Cultivation Manager, the TCM is accountable for quality/inventory control, clean room knowledge, trim expectations, and employee satisfaction while improving efficiency and producing a high-quality product. The TCM leads a team responsible for post- harvest handling, providing a high-quality product that is compliant and ready for sale or processing. In between harvests, the TCM will lead the pruning process, cleaning and upkeep of hydroponic equipment, and general facility maintenance. The ideal candidate is comfortable in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment, possess high attention to detail, and can interact positively and effectively in a team environment.
• Manage policy deployment in the areas of trim quality, safety, curing, inventory control, and plant performance measures
• Lead with harvest and post-processing workflows, monitoring and maintaining dry room conditions, and packaging product
• Oversee the weighing and logging of each plant when harvested in the grow room to maintain awareness of the amount of harvesting expected per day
• Provide leadership and strategies for the trimmers and harvest team so they can meet daily, weekly and monthly goals
• Create strategies to streamline the trim process, and maintain a level of desired quality, and cost- effective quantity, while trimming
• Monitor and update reports in all Trim/Inventory sheets ensuring all reports are updated for the efficiency of the department's workflow and accountability
• Conduct walk thru with trim leads to ensure all checklists are completed
• Track the amount of unusable waste for each plant/batch, in addition to usable by- products
• Ensure the Trim & Cure environment is maintained and left in an orderly, clean and well- controlled state throughout the shift
• Supervise two trim leads and 20+ trim and cure techs
• Aid in conducting evaluations of staff to provide feedback on their overall performance, growth
• Research and implement new training materials and ideas to strengthen training
• Ensure Trim & Cure is adequately staffed for operational needs days/hours to optimize high- quality expectations
• Stay up to date with all local, state, and federal regulations to ensure training is consistent with any changes in laws or policies
• Collect all checklist from Harvest to ensure all leads are following the SOP's
• Ensure employee compliance with all rules and regulations
- Functional Acumen - Consistently shows comprehensive knowledge, skills, and abilities in the functional area(s) for which they are responsible, and understands the fit with overall business goals
- Emotional Intelligence - Consistently executes the four (4) principles of EQ (i.e., self-awareness, social awareness, self-management, relationship management)
- Intellectual Agility: Consistently evaluates challenges and opportunities from a variety of angles, taking in multiple inputs, and arrives at reasonable business decisions
o Lead: Able to inspire others through words and actions to achieve a common goal, and meets or exceeds targeted business results.
o Manage: Able to get specific tasks done through others, and meets or exceeds targeted business results.
o Coach & Develop: Able to observed the job performance and conduct of an employee, identify the employee's strengths and areas for improvement, and formulate approaches to enhance the employee's output, job satisfaction, and commitment to the
- Company. Collaborate - Consistently maintains effective teaming relationships with internal parties, and as applicable, external parties
- Dependable - Can be consistently trusted to execute their job responsibilities on-time and within scope, and meets or exceeds targeted business results
- Upholds Company Values - Consistently role-models and supports execution of the Company core values
• Positive, team-centered attitude with solid interpersonal, written and communication skills
• Excellent leadership qualities and ability to take the initiative to create new ideas
• Ability to multi-task, adapt to change, and handle interruptions during projects
• High standards for quality and cleanliness
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Detail and process oriented
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent to 5 years of experience in cannabis/production management
• Familiarity with warehouse procedures a plus
• Proficiency with weights, measurements, and math
• Familiar with Excel, and any other software
• Expert knowledge of Cannabis, Curing, Trim quality
• Experience managing, training and guiding staff of 10 or more people
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
• Able to stand for extended periods, and kneel, stoop, bend, twist, in tight areas
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Repetitive use of hands for all functions
• Willingness to work in windowless laboratories and enclosed rooms
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
TILT is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to DEI. All qualified job applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to fostering diversity and leveraging the value of diversity with equity and inclusion.
For Company information, visit: www.tiltholdings.com
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Free Snacks / Drinks
Gender Neutral Facilities
Lunch & Learns
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote