TerrAscend MD is a Maryland based company with a state permit awarded to cultivate and process premium marijuana medicine to the medical marijuana patients of Maryland in a compassionate and safe manner. TerrAscend MD is creating an enduring, world-class company capable of operating under the standards of a highly-regulated pharmaceutical business. Operating under such standards will lead to medical advancements and will shape the future of medical marijuana-based therapies in the state of Maryland.
The Facilities Manager organizes and oversees all facility repairs, installations, improvements, and preventative maintenance to the building, grounds, and equipment. Both Maintenance and sanitation personnel will be under your command while you develop and implement policies and procedures to maintain production, quality, and cleanliness standards in these areas. You will have to demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills and show a strong commitment to rules and knowledge governing general upkeep of the facility, equipment, and grounds. This includes understanding procedures to handle all hazards and threats to safety. Since you will have a number of people under your responsibility, you must also exhibit leadership skills. The goal is to create and preserve an environment where employees, visitors and property are safe and well-protected.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage maintenance and environmental control staff
- Oversee facility projects, maintenance schedules, and acquire outside contractors for site-work.
- Act as liaison to on-site contractors/general contractors, and other facilities providers.
- Work with compliance to ensure we conform to local, state, and federal rules, regulations, and laws.
- Be present for regulatory inspections for all sites which include any facility or security matters.
- Report maintenance and ensure reparations are conducted timely in accordance with state regulations
- Communicate and coordinate various state and federal programs (DEP, OSHA, etc.) with Legal Dept.
- Establish parameters and processes to control costs of sitework, equipment, and contracts.
- Review and approve requested/submitted purchases that impact security, facility, and safety
- Manage schedules related to preventative maintenance and repairs to equipment and property.
- Monitor access control to equipment using appropriate Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) Procedures.
- Respond, document, and facilitate reportable emergency events that may impact production.
Employee health and safety
- Ensure OSHA health and safety compliance is maintained throughout all facilities.
- Oversee onsite facility safety and ensure that all departments are reporting safety concerns.
- Develop and enforce standard operating procedures for workplace safety, security, logistics.
- 5 years of experience in a comparable position
- 2-3 years of experience in a production / manufacturing environment
- Experience working with equipment and processing machinery a plus
- Electrical experience a plus
- Applicant must be 21 years of age
- Proven experience as security manager or similar position
- Experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV)
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Solid understanding of budgeting and statistical data analysis
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
*** Background Check Requirement ***
As a condition of employment, a complete background investigation will be conducted based on the rules of the specific State in which the employee is hired. Typically, the state investigative process includes a state and federal background check.
At TerrAscend, employees and applicants are evaluated based on their qualifications, skills, and ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. TerrAscend is committed to assuring equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
TerrAscend is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, to include gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gender identity, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and the like is not exhaustive, rather it is illustrative of the current essential functions required for the position.
This organization participates in E-Verify.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.. Si E-Verify no puede confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar, este empleador está requerido a darle instrucciones por escrito y una oportunidad de contactar al Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS) o a la Administración del Seguro Social (SSA) para que pueda empezar a resolver el problema antes de que el empleador pueda tomar cualquier acción en su contra, incluyendo la terminación de su empleo. Los empleadores sólo pueden utilizar E-Verify una vez que usted haya aceptado una oferta de trabajo y completado el Formulario I-9. Para más información sobre E-Verify, o si usted cree que su empleador ha violado sus responsabilidades de E-Verify, por favor contacte a DHS.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.