TerrAscend is a leading North American cannabis operator with vertically integrated operations in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Michigan and California, licensed cultivation and processing operations in Maryland and licensed production in Canada. TerrAscend operates The Apothecarium and Gage dispensary retail locations as well as scaled cultivation, processing, and manufacturing facilities in its core markets.
TerrAscend's cultivation and manufacturing practices yield consistent, high-quality cannabis, providing industry-leading product selection to both the medical and legal adult-use markets. The Company owns several synergistic businesses and brands, including Gage Cannabis, The Apothecarium, Ilera Healthcare, Kind Tree, Prism, State Flower, Valhalla Confections, and Arise Bioscience Inc.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President of Tax will be responsible for continuing to build TerrAscend's tax function. The Vice President of Tax will have full ownership over all aspects of provision, compliance, planning and strategy with significant exposure to the company's subsidiaries throughout the U.S and Canada. The Vice President of Tax will play a critical role partnering with senior leadership in ensuring compliance with tax regulations and requirements. The ideal candidate will have a strong corporate tax foundation from public accounting combined with extensive exposure and diverse experience spanning compliance, provision, and tax planning.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead all aspects of tax
- Lead the tax accounting provision process and reporting for the company's operations, reporting of uncertain tax positions including calculation of effective tax rates, deferred tax items, related journal entries and review of tax account reconciliations
- Manage the tax calendar and ensure the timely filing of all tax related returns.
- Prepare the U.S. GAAP consolidated income tax provision for TerrAscend and its subsidiaries ensuring that the companies' tax provisions and balance sheet tax accounts are properly stated.
- Oversee and approve the preparation of federal and multi-state income tax returns
- Approve estimated federal and state tax payment calculations and the related submissions of payments
- Oversee all federal and state tax audits and notices
- Maintain tax oriented internal controls
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- This role requires at least 10 years in roles of progressive responsibility in Tax with a mix of private and public experience at the manager or more senior level. To excel in this position, this individual should possess the learning agility, initiative, and energy to both keep up with and contribute to the changing marketplace. This role will require experience working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to adjust and respond to dynamic business conditions.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Tax. Masters or JD in Tax or CPA preferred
- Big Four tax/accounting or large corporate experience highly preferred
- In-depth technical knowledge of tax laws and regulations
- Excellent business acumen with a sound understanding of the tax implications of a multinational manufacturing and distribution company.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative and creative solutions to complex issues.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Strategic, creative, and analytically minded.
- Results oriented with the ability to prioritize and deliver key initiatives.
- Bring "big picture" thinking to the table, staying abreast of current legislative developments, and revising tax strategies as necessary.
- Motivated to question the status quo and continuously drive for improvement and excellence.
- High level of influencing skills, capable of influencing to obtain information requests on short notice.
- Flexibility in a changing environment.
Benefits (full-time employees eligible):
- Employee Discount (all employees eligible)
- 15 days PTO (40 hours rollover allowance)
- Health, vision, and dental insurance (with telehealth option)
- 401k with 4% matching (100% vested immediately)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
*** Background Check Requirement ***
As a condition of employment, a complete background investigation will be conducted based on the rules of the specific State in which the employee is hired. Typically, the state investigative process includes a state and federal background check.
At TerrAscend, employees and applicants are evaluated based on their qualifications, skills, and ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. TerrAscend is committed to assuring equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
TerrAscend is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, to include gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gender identity, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and the like is not exhaustive, rather it is illustrative of the current essential functions required for the position.
This organization participates in E-Verify.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.. Si E-Verify no puede confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar, este empleador está requerido a darle instrucciones por escrito y una oportunidad de contactar al Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS) o a la Administración del Seguro Social (SSA) para que pueda empezar a resolver el problema antes de que el empleador pueda tomar cualquier acción en su contra, incluyendo la terminación de su empleo. Los empleadores sólo pueden utilizar E-Verify una vez que usted haya aceptado una oferta de trabajo y completado el Formulario I-9. Para más información sobre E-Verify, o si usted cree que su empleador ha violado sus responsabilidades de E-Verify, por favor contacte a DHS.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.