SummaryBe part of the cannabis industry in Cottage Grove, MN!
Join our team of helpful and happy, Security Specialists that have a passion in the well-being of others. The starting pay is $18.00. This will be a 2nd Shift opportunity - 2PM to 10PM. We offer a great benefits package, vacation time and paid holidays. Plus, enjoy a 40% discount at our dispensaries on our brand name product lines.
At Green Thumb Industries we have a growth mindset and that is grounded in well-being. We believe in the right to have access, options, and most importantly, the safest cannabis products available for the communities we serve. This is the time to join us - we need you to help us create change and new possibilities.
The Security Specialist is responsible for the safety and security of all assets, property, personnel, patients/customers, and visitors.
- Protect property from theft, embezzlement, sabotage, trespassing, fire and accidents
- Observe and report any unlawful activity
- Protect individuals, property, and proprietary information from harm or misappropriation
- Control access to premises
- Investigate and take the appropriate lawful actions on accidents, incidents, trespassing, suspicious activity, safety, and fire
- Neutralize situations calmly with tact and common sense
- Watch for safety and fire hazards and other related situations
- Enforce policies and procedures of the company
- Provide assistance to customers, employees, visitors, or the public
- Perform requests by the customers within scope of security duties or within reason
- Train new security hires, and inform other staff of security procedures and policies
- Ability to communicate in English effectively both verbally and written, obey/enforce the laws of the state
- Military, law-enforcement or security background strongly preferred
- Criminal Justice Degree, or relevant experience
- Training in firefighting, first aid or lifesaving drills
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation
Free Snacks / Drinks
Lunch & Learns
Paid Parental Leave
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote