The Facility Custodian is responsible for the safe, professional, reliable, efficient, environmentally sound, and cost-effective maintenance of the facilities. The Facility Custodian ensures all assigned areas of the facility are cleaned, sanitized, and maintained at the highest standards. The ideal candidate is able to work effectively with minimal supervision and be a self-starter with initiative.
- Work closely with the Facility Manager to ensure high quality operations
- Support the activities of the Facilities Management staff, other personnel or contractors to ensure effective and efficient cleaning and service/special event support
Quality & Financial
- Sweep, mop, wax and floors, corridors, and stairs. Restock cleaning and paper supplies as needed. Empty waste baskets, collect and dispose of rubbish and recycling
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms, clean glass, dust, and clean other surfaces to prepare building for occupancy and to maintain them at an acceptable level
- Move furniture and arrange and set-up/break-down chairs, tables and other equipment as necessary
- Perform seasonal tasks as needed, including but not limited to plowing, shoveling, clearing snow & ice from walks, stairs, pathways, and roads, and being available for emergencies and scheduled \"off-hour\" work as needed
People & Development
- Must be able to work as a team member with other personnel including staff, contractors.
- Assist peers and new hires in learning about the business and equipment to enhance understanding
- Maintain high level of morale and enthusiasm to assist the team
- Comply with all safety procedures and requirements
- Report any material and/or facility conditions that may affect safety and/or operations
Skills & Abilities
- High standards for quality and cleanliness
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Adaptable to change and learning new things
- Functional Acumen - Consistently shows comprehensive knowledge, skills, and abilities in the functional area(s) for which they are responsible, and understands the fit with overall business goals
- Emotional Intelligence - Consistently executes the four (4) principles of EQ (i.e., self-awareness, social awareness, self-management, relationship management)
- Intellectual Agility: Consistently evaluates challenges and opportunities from a variety of angles, taking in multiple inputs, and arrives at reasonable business decisions
- Collaborate - Consistently maintains effective teaming relationships with internal parties, and as applicable, external parties
- Dependable - Can be consistently trusted to execute their job responsibilities on-time and within scope, and meets or exceeds targeted business results
- Upholds Company Values - Consistently role-models and supports execution of the Company core values
- High school diploma/GED required or equivalent military experience
- Minimum one year experience as a custodial worker preferred
- Basic knowledge of housekeeping tools and equipment required
- Previous maintenance experience required.
- Every job applicant must pass a comprehensive background check, including the mandates of the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission. A job offer issued before the completion of a background check shall be contingent upon a positive result. A negative background check result may lead to the withdrawal of the job offer.
- All candidates must be ready, willing, and able to work a fully flexible work schedule to include days, nights and weekends to meet fluctuating business demands based on the needs of the individual department
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Conditions will vary from indoor, outdoor, and field environments in all weather conditions
- Ability to consistently stand/walk for up to 8 hours per day, frequent & repeated bending, twisting, reaching, kneeling
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds, and occasionally lift over fifty (50+) pounds
- Works with chemical cleaning agents daily
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
TILT is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to DEI. All qualified job applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to fostering diversity and leveraging the value of diversity with equity and inclusion.
For Company information, visit: www.tiltholdings.com
The people that make up Commonwealth Alternative Care (CAC) are a group of passionate cannabis advocates that are rooted in our community in and around Taunton, MA! We've built relationships with our neighbors to aid with fair and equitable access to cannabis, crafted intentional partnerships to source products/ingredients from local businesses, and give back to grassroots organizations around our state. We love what we do and work every day to produce the best products for our patients. Not to brag or anything, but we were recently crowned "Best THC Edible" by NECANN for 2020!
Our people are at the very center of what makes us great, and because of this, we invest in our employees, offering a comprehensive compensation package that includes benefits and career growth opportunities.
Benefits we offer to full-time employees
- 100% Employer Paid Premiums for Comprehensive Healthcare Plans (Health/Dental/Vision) / 70% for eligible dependents
- 10 days of Paid Time Off for your first year
- Internal promotions
- Referral bonus program
- Employee discount
CAC is committed to providing the safest workplace possible given the recent COVID-19 health concerns. This includes providing PPE to all employees, ongoing cleaning measures, and trying to schedule/space work to allow us to follow CDC guidelines.
Commonwealth Alternative Care (CAC) is a subsidiary of Tilt Holdings.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Free Snacks / Drinks
Gender Neutral Facilities
Lunch & Learns
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote