One Plant is seeking a dynamic thought leader to serve as our Senior Director of Operations. You will provide strategic leadership to our manufacturing operation to ensure profitability and the highest quality product. This includes directing operations’ planning to ensure our products are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and compliant with regulations. The primary functions within the Operations organization include Cultivation, Production Planning, Lab Operations, Trimming, Packaging & Distribution. This role has team and site leadership for Indiantown’s Manufacturing facility with a total population of approximately 150 employees. As Senior Director of Operations you will partner with One Plant’s key leaders to develop strategies and capabilities which best position One Plant to continue to gain market share and meet the strategic objectives of our shareholders and Executive team.
- Assess current SOPs, identify opportunities for improvement and implement solutions to increase output.
- Establish key indicators for operations that align with Retail Operations to ensure key deadlines, budgets, and customer service objectives are met.
- Aggressively implement LEAN and Continuing Improvement programs to achieve cost and quality objectives.
- Ensure completion dates for products are met with consistency and compliant with all quality requirements.
- Work closely with Director of Cultivation to develop plans to maximize efficiency for products.
- Work with department Managers to manage workload and workflow, providing guidance and knowledge of how to continuously improve operations with specific measuring indicators.
- Prepare Work Instructions and Procedures, ensuring they are followed consistently.
- Manage, maintain, advance, and improve the use of company Biotrack & Alleaves system -to improve productivity and loss ratios.
- Ensure cost-effective daily operation of all departments and personnel including equipment use, maintenance, and procurement.
- Build strong vendor relationships and reduce costs wherever possible.
- Train personnel which includes developing the method of training. Training may be “on-the-job” and/or through written materials.
- Ensure employees are working in a manner that keeps with established safety standards through proper training.
- Evaluate performance of production departments which includes making sure that hiring, advising, disciplining and terminating of staff is happening based on developed policies and procedures, constantly changing business needs, and through communication, documentation, and training methods.
- Write and review Performance Evaluations with your department Managers and ensure that they do so for their staff.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Serve as a key strategic partner to the Chief of Commercial Operations and the Executive team.
- Work with the executive team to create short and long-term improvement plans.
- Ensure Indiantown facility is neat, clean, safe and all equipment is maintained and in good working condition.
- Desire to constantly learn and seek out new information about cannabis as a medicine and understand cannabis.
- Work with in-house cannabis experts, including our Chief Medical Officer.
The Senior Director of Operations must be able to speak, hear, see, read, write, type, dial, reach, and bend. Sedentary work: standing, walking and sitting for prolonged periods of time – repetitive motion of hands, fingers and wrists.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment and specifically with leading manufacturing teams, production timelines, conflicting priorities, quality control, and multiple departments that work together to deliver quality and consistency in a fast-paced manufacturing facility.
- Cannabis experience a plus.
- Six-Sigma Certification preferred.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn state specific cannabis laws and regulatory compliance.
- Strong leader with experience supervising large teams with direct & indirect reports
- Demonstrated effective experience in managing, innovating, and continually improving efficiency in a complex fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Adept at transitioning seamlessly from a strategic level vision to day-to-day tactical operations required
- Understanding of key business principles in areas such as: finance, management, and human resources, as well as technology principles.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree required.
About One Plant
One Plant is Florida’s premier cannabis company, with new stores opening throughout the state. We specialize in responsibly grown cannabis and offer a variety of medical cannabis products. We have a passion for cannabis, our team, and our patients. We are changing the perception of cannabis one patient a time!
Let’s get you hired! To apply to this job, create a free Vangst account below. Once you’re in, you can complete and submit your application right from this page.