Department: Cultivation Reports to: Cultivation Manager Pay Rate: 13.50/hr-$15.50/hr+special rate on in-house flower of $16 1/8th’s once a week
Responsible for assisting with all work in a commercial production facility of up to 1,000 cannabis plants with sustainable, organic, living soil methodologies. Perform all horticultural tasks as required including: irrigation management, plant propagation, transplanting, soil amendment mixing and application, pruning and defoliation, canopy management, integrated pest management implementation, trimming, packaging, waste recycling, inventory management, cleaning, decontamination, and other relevant tasks. Company operates under the highest standards of professionalism and regulatory compliance. The holiday seasons (mid Nov- Jan 1st) as well as April 20th, July 4th and other national holidays are expected to be busy and department needs may require more staffing. This could lead to limited time off during these time frames.
- Perform all cultivation tasks, decontamination, and special projects as assigned by management with efficiency, thoroughness, and great attention to detail.
- Maintain cultivation department protocols and production schedules. Manage cannabis plant health and vitality, often providing individualized attention per cultivar and per plant.
- Manage plant scheduling and organization precisely and efficiently to meet all cultivation needs on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis
- Cataloging and analyzing each individual plant and cultivar throughout all growth stages and post harvest.
- Propagation/cloning with at least a 90% success rate.
- Execute preventative maintenance and elimination of all pests and disease
- Maintain an extremely clean and organized work environment.
- Knowledge of organic, soil-focused growing methods
- Working knowledge of indoor, container farming systems and equipment management.
- Knowledge of plant diseases, insects and pathogens, as well as IPM
- Knowledge of cultivars/strains: genetic lineage, growth characteristics, psychoactivity, etc.
- Assist government auditors
- Facility maintenance and troubleshooting
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of a cultivation facility.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. regularly.
- You are at least 21 years of age.
- You have no felony convictions.
- You are willing to participate in an extensive background security check.
No description provided.
- At least 6-months of commercial cultivation experience.
- Experience with safety procedures for handling consumables and preventing cross contamination.
- Must be able to provide a cultivation-relevant resume at interview. Additional pictures/portfolio a plus.
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail.
- Attend Responsible Vendor class every 2 years, completing the test with 70% or better bi-yearly.
- Complete the Smokey's Compliance Competency Quiz with a 100%.
- Associate’s degree or 2 years equivalent work experience in applicable plant related sciences.
- Knowledge of commercial plant cultivation strategies (preferably organic) including plant, nutrient, soil, environmental, biological, and facility management
- Knowledge of plant pests, diseases, and IPM strategy.
- Advanced knowledge of the cannabis plant and genetics.
About Trinidad Gardens
Trinidad Gardens aims to be a leader in the cannabis space, championing our community, our environment, and our people in all things that we do.
We envision a world where the cannabis industry plays a major role in advancing science, environmentalism, responsible social adult use, and alternative healthcare options for all.
We value diversity in beliefs and lifestyles. We believe in a welcoming environment for all regardless of path or journey. We believe in making the world a better place for all.