TerrAscend MD is a Maryland based company with a state permit awarded to cultivate and process premium marijuana medicine to the medical marijuana patients of Maryland in a compassionate and safe manner. TerrAscend MD is creating an enduring, world-class company capable of operating under the standards of a highly-regulated pharmaceutical business. Operating under such standards will lead to medical advancements and will shape the future of medical marijuana-based therapies in the state of Maryland.
Cultivators are responsible for executing crop production tasks in a manner that follows the company's Standard Operating Procedures for indoor cultivation. Cultivators carry out the day-to-day assignments and tasks associated with the Cannabis crop production cycle.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Propagation: cutting and sticking clones; clone care/maintenance, watering and feeding; monitoring and maintaining Clone Room and Mother Room environment; ensure proper labeling and inventory tracking, reporting, and record-keeping within the state-mandated electronic tracking system.
- Monitor, review, and report on relevant environmental factors that affect plant growth - light, temperature, medium moisture, humidity, and overall plant nutrition to ensure conformity with quality control standards.
- Inspect crops to ascertain the existence of pests and disease and implement IPM (Integrated Pest Management) best practices as directed.
- Plant monitoring and care during vegetative and generative growth stages: transplanting, de-foliation, pruning, staking, and plant structure training; watering and feeding; monitoring climate control systems and pest/disease pressure; inventory data input within the state-mandated electronic tracking system.
- Harvesting: cutting down plants; breaking down harvested plants; de-foliating harvested plants; weighing and inventory data input into the state-mandated electronic tracking system; cleaning and sanitizing grow rooms; hanging/organizing harvested plants within the designated dry rooms; monitoring the drying/curing process and climate control systems.
- Preparation and packaging of all cannabis products will be expected during peak times, including processed products.
- Operating and maintaining cultivation systems/equipment: monitoring, calibrating, troubleshooting, running, and maintaining lighting, irrigation, and climate control systems; stocking, organizing, and handling production inputs, supplies, and materials; sanitizing and cleaning growing areas, cultivation workspaces, and tools.
- Ensure daily compliance with policies and procedures including but not limited to, state compliance, security and safety protocols, and standard operating procedures in all areas of production.
- Any other tasks assigned by Management.
Job Qualification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Knowledge of cultivation technologies and plant growth factors, such as lighting, irrigation, soil, nutrients, HVAC, and more
- Knowledge of growing practices, such as cloning, transplanting, pruning, training, watering, etc.
- Knowledge of different cultivars and their unique growing demands
- Ability to execute techniques accurately and consistently
- Good documentation, inventory, and organizational skills
- Ability to keep to a tight schedule
- Ability to maintain excellent punctuality and attendance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent verbal interpersonal communication skills to interact with team members
- Basic weights and measurements skills, ability to operate a scale
- Flexibility with hours and days - must be open to working weekends, holidays, and overtime when necessary
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check and drug screening
Benefits (full-time employees eligible):
- Employee Discount (all employees eligible)
- 15 days PTO (40 hours rollover allowance)
- Health, vision, and dental insurance (with telehealth option)
- 401k with 4% matching (100% vested immediately)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
*** Background Check Requirement ***
As a condition of employment, a complete background investigation will be conducted based on the rules of the specific State in which the employee is hired. Typically, the state investigative process includes a state and federal background check.
At TerrAscend, employees and applicants are evaluated based on their qualifications, skills, and ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. TerrAscend is committed to assuring equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
TerrAscend is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, to include gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gender identity, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and the like is not exhaustive, rather it is illustrative of the current essential functions required for the position.
This organization participates in E-Verify.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.. Si E-Verify no puede confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar, este empleador está requerido a darle instrucciones por escrito y una oportunidad de contactar al Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS) o a la Administración del Seguro Social (SSA) para que pueda empezar a resolver el problema antes de que el empleador pueda tomar cualquier acción en su contra, incluyendo la terminación de su empleo. Los empleadores sólo pueden utilizar E-Verify una vez que usted haya aceptado una oferta de trabajo y completado el Formulario I-9. Para más información sobre E-Verify, o si usted cree que su empleador ha violado sus responsabilidades de E-Verify, por favor contacte a DHS.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.