SummaryEveryone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that's what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person's individuality, because there's power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That's why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL...
Parallel is looking for a Packaging Supervisor with the skills to oversee, implement and maintain processes related to the manufacturing, assembly & packaging of cannabis material into the various finished good forms of oil extracts and concentrates.
This role is with Surterra Wellness , one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (a Joint Venture with Cookies) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision ... pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com .
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Work with both manual, semi-automatic, and fully automatic assembly & packaging equipment
- Responsible for specific deliverables including production and quality targets
- Responsible for daily duties related to the assembly and packaging processes of cannabis products
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department management about safety issues that may arise
- Daily inventory management of cannabis and non-cannabis materials
- Troubleshooting of machines and processes; reporting to facilities and management of machine issues.
- Plan workload distribution and assists in inventory management/ordering
- Evaluate proposed changes in raw materials, processing equipment, and manufacturing/assembly & packaging methods with guidance from senior leadership
- Responsible for auditing laboratory procedures, writing, maintaining, and training the quality control technicians in procedures per Standard Operating Procedures guidelines
- Train and monitor new and current lab staff as needed for cross training.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU'LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- 1-3 years' experience working in manufacturing / assembly & packaging
- Understanding of process manufacturing and scale-up of production capabilities
- Experience in manual, semi-automatic, and automatic filling/packaging machines
- Strong critical thinking, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments and prioritize
- Strong working knowledge and proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook)
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation
- Ability to work as part of a team with cohesive aspects
- Minimum A.A., B.A./B.S. in Operations, or related field
- 1-3 years within the cannabis industry
- Strong knowledge of cannabis, assembly and packaging, raw materials tracking and inventory management
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (bending, lifting, pouring, typing)
- Must be able to lift to 50lbs
- Hand and eye coordination
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU...
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision - why we exist - is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission - how we will do this - is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values - Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Charitable Gift Matching
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote