SummaryAt TerrAscend, we are on a mission to shape the future of the cannabis industry by creating leading marijuana-based therapies for patients and developing premium products for legalized adult recreational use. We are one of the largest and fastest growing multi-state, vertically integrated cannabis operators in North America. We're on a roll and are just getting started!
It's a Joint Effort
We believe that How We Work Together Matters. Our priority is to assemble a team that believes not just in what we do but how and why we do it. Our most successful team members know that being of service to our patients, our customers, and each other is what separates us from other organizations. Our continued success is dependent upon bringing together the brightest minds in business with best-in-class cultivation and elevated patient and customer experiences, so we continue to set the standard for the industry.
Sound like weed be a good fit?
Here's where you come in.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to provide month end close support, balance sheet reconciliation, and process improvement in line with TerrAscend's standard operating procedures. As a young organization, we need a well-rounded accounting professional who sees change as opportunity and can collaborate with internal teams to design, document, implement and monitor processes that establish controls, ownership, and accountability.
You will be challenged to work tactically across the entire revenue lifecycle and you'll never experience the same day twice. One minute you might be assisting the Regional Assistant Controller in driving the month-end close process, the next minute working with accounts payable, purchasing, and other stakeholders concerning an inventory issue, and the next minute completing and reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and income statement accounts. Regardless of the task, it's critical you have strong attention to detail and communication skills as you'll work with diverse stakeholders across the organization.
Where you'll be planted
This is a hybrid position that will require 2 days/week on-site in our King of Prussia, PA location.
To Be Blunt
Year 1 is going to be about:
- Participating in daily accounting department tasks; preparing and/or reviewing appropriate journal entries and accruals
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of all assigned accounts, databases, and files; including bank reconciliations and income statements
- Collaborating with the accounting team, and other internal departments to design, document, implement, and monitor processes that establish controls, ownership, and accountability of involved parties related to inventory management.
- Working closely with accounts payable department, the purchasing department, and inventory management stakeholders concerning receiving issues and the implementation of systems affecting inventory processing
What We're High On
We value diverse skillsets, talents, and experiences. To be successful in this role we know you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or business-related field
- 1-2+ years of experience of progressive accounting experience such as AP/AR, Cash/Revenue, fixed assets, accruals, reserves, and inventory valuation
- Experience working within manufacturing and/or retail environment a plus; understanding of inventory manufacturing processes, retail sales processes, sales and use tax, and public company audit compliance
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; ERP experience (implementation a plus)
- Self-direction with the ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Benefits (full-time employees eligible):
- Employee Discount (all employees eligible)
- 15 days PTO (40 hours rollover allowance)
- Health, vision, and dental insurance (with telehealth option)
- 401k with 4% matching (100% vested immediately)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
*** Background Check Requirement ***
As a condition of employment, a complete background investigation will be conducted based on the rules of the specific State in which the employee is hired. Typically, the state investigative process includes a state and federal background check.
At TerrAscend, employees and applicants are evaluated based on their qualifications, skills, and ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. TerrAscend is committed to assuring equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
TerrAscend is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, to include gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gender identity, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and the like is not exhaustive, rather it is illustrative of the current essential functions required for the position.
This organization participates in E-Verify.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.. Si E-Verify no puede confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar, este empleador está requerido a darle instrucciones por escrito y una oportunidad de contactar al Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS) o a la Administración del Seguro Social (SSA) para que pueda empezar a resolver el problema antes de que el empleador pueda tomar cualquier acción en su contra, incluyendo la terminación de su empleo. Los empleadores sólo pueden utilizar E-Verify una vez que usted haya aceptado una oferta de trabajo y completado el Formulario I-9. Para más información sobre E-Verify, o si usted cree que su empleador ha violado sus responsabilidades de E-Verify, por favor contacte a DHS.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.