At Holistic Industries we are building a great place to work, shop and invest in cannabis. Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality, safest cannabis medicine possible. As our name suggests, we care for the whole person. Scaling from a seed of inspiration in 2011, Holistic Industries is now one of the largest and fastest growing private MSOs (Multi-State Operators) in the country. We're able to deliver consistent value to employees, patients, and investors because of the values that drive our work - how we do business and why. We have one of the most seasoned teams in the industry, a budding "Greenhouse of Brands" and a meaningful model of doing well by doing good. Our company develops and offers a wide range of proprietary strains that increase desired cannabinoids such as CBD. These high CBD strains have become our foundation for growing, packaging, and selling the best cannabis in our markets. We are committed to harvesting and crafting industry-leading strains, consumer brands, and medical-grade products based on the most progressive science in the space. Holistic Industries has a unique model and approach that enables it to win licenses, scale operations and introduce national brands successfully in highly regulated markets. The company has proven to be responsible stewards of capital since its inception by sourcing licenses on merit rather than simply acquiring them on the open market. A "GREENHOUSE OF BRANDS" beginning with our flagship retail and wholesale brand, Liberty Cannabis, we continue to prove our ability to launch new brands from scratch and attract noteworthy partners.
We are deeply and actively committed to the communities we serve; our efforts under Liberty Cannabis Cares are focused on four pillars: Social Equity, Diversity, Community, and Cannabis Literacy.
Our team includes the nation's most knowledgeable experts in cultivation and medical dispensing, along with professionals who are top of their fields in medical professions, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of other highly controlled substances. We are a team of best-in-class executives and staff from within and outside the industry who share a passion for advancing cannabis products and retail experience at scale.
Our well-established company is growing rapidly and adding to our team of professionals and specialists. Our employees receive PTO, paid Sick Leave, medical, dental, vision and other leave benefits as part of our highly competitive compensation package. Join us as we build a great place to work, shop, and invest.
Holistic Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About the Job:
The importance of a strong integrated pest management (IPM) program and how it is executed cannot be understated. Often times, the design and implementation of an IPM program can make or break a facility. A flawed IPM program can significantly reduce output of a facility and cause major negative impacts to the supply chain of vertically integrated operations, leading to millions of dollars in lost annual revenue.
The purpose of the IPM Supervisor for the Cultivation facility is to ensure the IPM program set in place by the Cultivation Manager (CM) is executed to perfection. Creating this specialized position would relieve the department Managers and Supervisors of meticulous tasks that are distracting them from their duties related to the output of the facility. It would also provide a more streamlined reporting structure for the CM and national team members regarding plant health and avoidable risks, allowing all of the facilities to have a more proactive approach to IPM. Additionally, all positions at Holistic will seek to foster a workplace that upholds Holistic Industries' aim to be the Best Place to Work, Shop, and Invest in Cannabis, by providing world-class customer service, focusing on the professional development of staff, and creating an empowering work environment.
- Scouting and identification of pest and disease, as well as cannabis plant intersex traits
- Implement a proactive IPM program designed by the CM
- Report positive identifications and/or concerns immediately to the CM
- Train Cultivation Associates on identification of pests, disease, and plant health issues
- Creating comprehensive weekly IPM and plant health reports for the CM
- Cleaning and maintenance of all spray/fogging equipment
- Keeping updated compliance spray and equipment maintenance logs
- Identifying equipment issues, reporting them to the CM, and interfacing with vendors to fix any issues
- Fill out order forms for weekly BCA applications
- Labeling and assigning weekly BCA applications to the appropriate zones and stage of growth
- Oversee weekly BCA applications, ensuring staff is applying correctly
- Scouting for populations of BCAs; evaluating their efficacy and survival rates
- Oversee spray applications ensuring correct mixing rates, checklists are followed, and worker safety is prioritized
- Disinfect and clean irrigation lines between harvests
- Scouting crops for nutritional deficiencies and creating comprehensive reports for the CM
- Manual data collection of key plant health metrics such as substrate pH, plant height, etc.
- Mixing fertilizers and stock tanks to ensure plants are receiving balanced nutrition
- Calibrating equipment such as injectors, pH/EC probes, sprayers, foggers, etc.
- Prepare weekly water samples to send for analysis
- Ensure proper cultural practices are being practiced across the department (ex. Sanitizing foot baths are refreshed regularly, alcohol spray bottles are filled, staff are following protocols, etc.)
- Comply with all policies and procedures established by Holistic Industries management.
- Understand and adhere to all state or commonwealth cannabis regulations and any other applicable.
Physical Requirements of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Holistic may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee's physical demands will include:
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching, handling, grasping, and/or fingering while using phone and computer keyboard, writing notes and/or reports, performing other administrative tasks, operating equipment and/or machinery
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with others, and view computer monitors; includes hand/eye coordination to properly and safely operate equipment
- Reading, writing, understanding, and clearly speaking English; constant use of speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with others in person and by phone, giving and receiving instructions
- Working in an office environment with artificial lighting
- Constantly working in warehouse environment with exposure to marijuana plants and grow chemicals
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while performing all work tasks
- Extensive time using a computer screen and keyboard
- Physical Requirements: VERY LABOR INTENSIVE. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 75 pounds (125 pounds with assistance), may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching. Moderate to loud exposure to noise level.
- Regulations require that incumbent be at least 18 years of age and able to obtain and maintain state marijuana work credentials.
- Bachelors in Horticulture, Agronomy, Entomology, or related field preferred
- 1-2 years professional experience in a commercial greenhouse or horticulture operation
- Cannabis experience preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Required Knowledge and Skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Ability to work productively in a virtual setting.
- Must be able to work any necessary hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, team-oriented, and have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote