SummaryCuraleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 130 dispensaries, 25 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
The Kitchen Supervisor will assist in managing kitchen operations to ensure recipes are being followed. In this position you will provide strong leadership to kitchen staff the kitchen while supervising inventory costs for high-volume cannabis-infused products.
- Effectively supervises food preparations, production and controls
- Lead the kitchen team with hands on tactics while implementing production processes and schedules; sources high-quality ingredients for a fast-paced, high-end bakery.
- Trains and oversees staff in producing artisan, high-quality, medically infused products.
- Works with Processing and Packaging to prepare and package products according to the company's internal schedule and within food safety standards and regulations.
- Requires a flawless understanding of food safety standards and professional hygiene.
- Engage in appropriate planning with the Production Manager so that they can adequately orchestrate timing, the product line mix and the quantity to be made.
- The appropriate use of scales will be necessary to ensure consistency of the cannabis-infused portion of the product and for portion control.
- Ensures that ingredients are ready for use each day.
- QA/QC duties that require analytical testing for quality and consistency.
- Must be able to assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen.
- Maintaining inventory records of supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Storing supplies and equipment, disposal of waste according to guidelines, and keeping the kitchen working areas immaculate.
- Maintaining material safety data sheets for all department chemicals and products.
- Maintaining highest level of compliance to ensure processing operation is fully compliant with state regulations, federal and state laws.
- Assures that operation adheres to all business and industry license requirements-able to produce documents as proof immediately upon request.
- Demonstrates an understanding of state and county health department requirements for production facilities.
- Internally prepares for periodic inspections
- Works with other department leads to coordinate special needs, works with inventory staff to plan and forecast needs
- Keeps facility GMP standards for all kitchen processes
- Strong organizational skills are mandatory; required to turn out large quantities of product under tight time constraints.
- Have supervision over the kitchen staff while coordinating schedules with lab management and production team.
- Excellent math or computer skills to calculate recipes and to product the correct quantity of finished product.
- Health and safety practices and precautions applicable to a kitchen.
- Proper and safe handling and disposal of harmful chemicals, substances, and hazardous wastes.
- Record keeping procedures.
- 3-5 years' experience working in food preparation in restaurant or hospitality environment.
- Previous leadership experience.
- 3-5- years supervising a staff of 15 plus members
- Experience cooking with cannabis preferred
- Experience grooming team members for success
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Good organizational skills to create an organized kitchen for the highest level of productivity
- Excellent planning skills to make the daily operations go smoothly
- Recognize time constraints and effectively execute fulfilling orders in a timely manner
- Creative and positive attitude
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to pass a background check per state cannabis regulations
The physical demands, work environment factors and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must display professional telephone etiquette and be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively present information in one on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry our instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 or more pounds and regularly move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is normal.
The noise level in the work environment is normal. The employee is frequently exposed to an environment of natural chemical fumes, herbal aromas, airborne particles, exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. Employee will have moderate exposure to conditions such as dust and particles that affect the respiratory system, eyes, or the skin, depending on department job assignments. Personal Protective Equipment is provided for employees to utilize and should be worn.
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.