SummaryCuraleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 130 dispensaries, 25 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the SVP, Corporate Controller will be primarily responsible for managing the accounting operations of the company, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of financial results and compliance of reported results with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles ("GAAP") and International Financial Reporting Standards ("IFRS"). Duties will include the production of periodic financial reports, financial consolidation , external financial statement filings, managing annual and quarterly audit procedures, driving the corporate close calendar, working to implement standard processes and policies across all the states in which we operate, implementation of technology, including implementing and leveraging an ERP, to improve accounting processes and availability of financial information, oversee due diligence and integration of acquisitions. Must be extremely hands-on self-starter who is able to work independently.
Key Qualifications / Skills
The controller candidate should have a bachelor's degree in accounting and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in a large public company, a division of a large public company and/or public accounting firms.
- GAAP & IFRS Technical accounting skills
- Managing large and complex processes
- Results oriented, driven, hands-on leader
- Extensive knowledge of acquisition, consolidation, debt and stock compensation related accounting concepts
- Proven experience with manufacturing environment and cost accounting concepts
- Financial software implementation and design experience
- Developing and implementing policies, procedures, controls
- Financial analysis skills
- Analyzing information
- Building, developing and retaining effective teams
- Comfort in high growth, rapidly changing business environments
- Responsible for the issuance of timely, accurate and complete financial statements in compliance with GAAP and IFRS reporting standards. Including filing of quarterly and annual reports with the Canadian Securities Exchange
- Analyze and conclude on technical accounting matters
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting and reporting of consolidated business results.
- Develop, maintain and enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Provide financial analyses as needed, for capital investments, cash management, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Oversee the operations of the corporate accounting department, including design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the departmental goals and objectives
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes
- ERP and financial system implementations and requirements design
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Coordination of quarterly and annual review and audit procedures with external audit firms
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Expertise working with all levels of the organization
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
- Recruit, train, develop and retain a highly skilled accounting team
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 10+ years' experience in accounting/finance
- Extensive experience with financial reporting
- Preference will be given to candidates with a Certified Public Accountant designation
- Expertise with GAAP and IFRS
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.