SummaryEveryone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that's what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person's individuality, because there's power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That's why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL...
Responsibilities of the Processing Technician will include producing oil, flower or finished goods inventory for distribution in Florida. The Processing Technician will fear no barrier in the pursuit of ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations, enforcing quality standards, troubleshoot issues, being a strong teammate, and effectively producing products and inputs for the manufacturing team.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets: Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision ... pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Follow SOPs for manufacturing Cannabis based products
- Responsible for daily duties related to manufacturing and packaging process of cannabis-based products
- Comply with safety procedures and consult with department supervisor about any safety issues that may arise
- Manufacture and Package cannabis-based products, in a timely manner, to meet team production and quality related goals
- Follow all Safety and Quality guidelines as outlined by Parallel
- Daily housekeeping and cleaning of the work area
- Assist in training new staff
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU'LL BRING
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in manufacturing industry
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation
- Residence within the current geography or willingness to relocate to the current geography is required
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/supervision. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Constantly operates productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/supervision. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to stand, squat, and kneel for long periods of time in small
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU...
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision - why we exist - is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission - how we will do this - is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values - Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer . We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Charitable Gift Matching
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote