We are currently seeking a Senior React Engineer based in our headquarters in Seattle, WA. We are a flexible and remote friendly environment.
Our Teams and Our Tech We work in cross-functional squads, with product owners, designers, and engineers working side-by-side toward shared goals. We strive to maximize squad autonomy - standardizing tech, tools, and process just enough so that squads are accelerated rather than slowed. We aim for each squad to have the right mix of full stack, web, and api developers, so that together they are equipped to solve whatever problems come their way. We look to each person to bring their expertise and passion to the table, as well as the ability to roll up their sleeves and help where it’s needed.
We are a ‘matrix management’ organization, where managers and their direct reports are not necessarily working on the same projects together. This gives our managers more insight and influence across the organization, and it allows our squad makeup to adjust more fluidly without disrupting reporting lines and relationships.
Most of our engineers and managers are aligned to a single squad or project at any given time. And we have two to three principal engineers that float among one or more squads or projects depending on need.
What We Are Looking For In This Role If your front end code is an example to others, and you are ready to help support and level up your peers day to day, with leadership by example, in-the-moment technical collaboration and mentorship...then Leafly is looking for you!
- Work together with product, data/analytics, and UX to understand problems - then design, plan, and deliver solutions
- Design, build, test, and maintain new features, potentially across the entire Leafly product suite Work with squad tech leads to ensure alignment with broader architecture, standards, and best practices Lead by example in delivering high-quality solutions that scale and adhere to SDLC and quality best practices: design & code reviews, prototyping, multi-level testing
- Continually improve our processes by volunteering new approaches to: developer productivity, product quality, and squad efficiency
- Mentor other developers and foster a collaborative environment of shared growth & learning
No description provided.
What We Look For In Our Engineers You prioritize users. You’re results oriented, pragmatic, and good at negotiating tradeoffs between technical objectives and product objectives.
Iterative and data-driven. You know how to break down the work in order to frequently deliver incremental value. You’re experienced with testing into better solutions than we originally envisioned.
Technical excellence and a growth mindset. You’re passionate about honing your craft and writing high quality code that inspires your teammates.
Depth and breadth. Where you're an expert, you’ll hit the ground running and lead by example. Where you’re not, you’re ready to learn quickly.
Self-starter and collaborative. You’re comfortable working independently as well as pairing or swarming with your teammates. You ask for help when you need it, and you help others when they need it. You will make us better. You bring expertise, skills, or perspective we could use more of. You’ll help us make better decisions, and build better products.
- 5+ years experience with full stack development
- 5+ years experience shipping and supporting high-scale, high-performance web applications in a cloud environment
- Nice to haves: TypeScript, Express.js, Next.js, webpack.
- Expertise in HTTP, web application architecture, scalability, performance optimization, reliability, deployment, monitoring and security
- Demonstrated ability to embrace, learn, and apply new technologies and tools
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience with agile squads and processes
No description provided.
Leafly is the world's largest cannabis information resource and technology company. Leafly is the go-to resource for cannabis information worldwide, with more than 13 million monthly visitors and 60 million monthly page views across its websites and mobile app. With Leafly, finding the right cannabis products is fast, comfortable, and easy. Learn more about cannabis, discover new cannabis products and brands, and find and review cannabis retailers near you. Leafly boasts the world’s most comprehensive strain database, a full news and culture section, and a video platform, Leafly TV.
Let’s get you hired! To apply to this job, create a free Vangst account below. Once you’re in, you can complete and submit your application right from this page.