Want to make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives while earning a competitive salary? At Jushi Holdings Inc. ") ( CSE: JUSH ) ( OTCQX: JUSHF ), we are shaping the future of the cannabis industry, the fastest growing jobs sector in the U.S. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the month end close process and preparation of monthly financial analysis reports. The Staff Accountant will also collect pertinent information for third-party audits and assist with financial reporting.
Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Jushi is a vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis company that develops and operates high-end retail locations, premium brands, state-of-the-art cultivation, processing, manufacturing facilities, along with a cutting-edge online platform that is setting a new standard for a sophisticated, data-driven, modern cannabis experience.
Since its founding in 2018, Jushi has grown from just a handful of people with an idea to more than 1200 employees strong. The Company has scaled its operations in seven states, including Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, Illinois, California, Nevada, and Ohio, and has been named one of the top five cannabis companies to work for by Cannabis Business Times .
The Company operates more than two dozen retail locations across the country under the retail brand, BEYOND / HELLO™ as well as under the recently acquired brand, Nature's Remedy. The Company provides an unparalleled in-store experience, coupled with online reservations and in-store express pickup.
Each day, Jushi team members continue to grow, cultivate, process and manufacture a comprehensive suite of cannabis brands under the names: The Bank , The Lab , Tasteology , Nira + Medicinals and Seche , which are addressing a wide variety of consumer and patient needs across multiple states.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist with month-end close and other operational accounting processes (prepaids, bank reconciliations, T&E) as needed on an ongoing basis
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, and related schedules
- Familiar with intercompany account reconciliations and journal entries
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analysis for management reporting
- Support the year-end financial audit and tax preparation process with external auditors
- Assist with documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Assist with the implementation of additional accounting modules and/or add-on reporting systems
- Assist with the continuous improvement of processes and procedures as the company expands into new and established markets
- Ensure compliance with accounting and reporting deadlines
- Work cross-functionally with company departments and external partners
- Support ad-hoc activities, special projects and reporting requirements as assigned
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance
- 3+ years of accounting experience (public accounting or relevant corporate accounting experience preferred)
- Experience in manufacturing facility
- CPA or Master's Degree desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Experience with financial accounting systems (Intacct helpful)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Excels working in a start-up, fast-paced environment; change ready
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Readiness to embrace and drive process improvements/efficiencies
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES AT JUSHI:
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
BONUS DUTIES YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability