At Holistic Industries we are building a great place to work, shop and invest in cannabis. Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality, safest cannabis medicine possible. As our name suggests, we care for the whole person. Scaling from a seed of inspiration in 2011, Holistic Industries is now one of the largest and fastest growing private MSOs (Multi-State Operators) in the country. We're able to deliver consistent value to employees, patients, and investors because of the values that drive our work - how we do business and why. We have one of the most seasoned teams in the industry, a budding "Greenhouse of Brands" and a meaningful model of doing well by doing good. Our company develops and offers a wide range of proprietary strains that increase desired cannabinoids such as CBD. These high CBD strains have become our foundation for growing, packaging, and selling the best cannabis in our markets. We are committed to harvesting and crafting industry-leading strains, consumer brands, and medical-grade products based on the most progressive science in the space. Holistic Industries has a unique model and approach that enables it to win licenses, scale operations and introduce national brands successfully in highly regulated markets. The company has proven to be responsible stewards of capital since its inception by sourcing licenses on merit rather than simply acquiring them on the open market. A "GREENHOUSE OF BRANDS" beginning with our flagship retail and wholesale brand, Liberty Cannabis, we continue to prove our ability to launch new brands from scratch and attract noteworthy partners.
We are deeply and actively committed to the communities we serve; our efforts under Liberty Cannabis Cares are focused on four pillars: Social Equity, Diversity, Community, and Cannabis Literacy.
Our team includes the nation's most knowledgeable experts in cultivation and medical dispensing, along with professionals who are top of their fields in medical professions, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of other highly controlled substances. We are a team of best-in-class executives and staff from within and outside the industry who share a passion for advancing cannabis products and retail experience at scale.
Our well-established company is growing rapidly and adding to our team of professionals and specialists. Our employees receive PTO, paid Sick Leave, medical, dental, vision and other leave benefits as part of our highly competitive compensation package. Join us as we build a great place to work, shop, and invest.
Holistic Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About the Job:
This role is critical to the company's continued growth and drive toward being the best operational company in the cannabis industry. The Facility Operations Director is fully responsible for the day-to-day operations of one of the company's grow & processing (GP) facilities. At the Director level, the individual will lead a facility with significant headcount (~100+), capital equipment and revenue production expectations. The Facility Director is expected to be a strategic leader with the ability to create business plans and models intended to maximize facility output and minimize overhead costs and costs of goods sold. This role will be charged with full P&L responsibility for the facility and, in certain locations, may also be responsible for managing a co-located retail "tenant" operation as well.
- Manage facility staff including scheduling, basic time off requests etc.
- Hire line managers and supervisors according to the facility's capabilities and needs and in coordination with operations leadership
- Oversee all aspects of staffing at the assigned GP coordinating for new headcount with the Regional VP of Operations
- Interface with Sales to understand output requirements, deliver products as ordered, resolve issues with orders, and help ensure ongoing strong customer satisfaction with products produced in the assigned facility
- Manage output of facility to produce the Products and revenue as contemplated by the company's budget and revenue plan
- Coordinate, communicate and collaborate with Legal and Compliance team members to ensure that the facility is being operated in compliance with all regulatory requirements on an ongoing basis; Work directly with state regulatory authorities and act as the key point of contact for communications from regulators regarding the assigned facility; Be the key point of contact for all inspections and audits of the facility to ensure compliance and effective facility operation
- Ensure the proper maintenance of the assigned facility by working with Science Operations Team members as well as the company's construction and real estate team and by effectively managing assigned maintenance team members
- Oversee Facility Maintenance function to ensure the proper upkeep of the facility.
- Work with Operations Leadership to determine optimum staffing levels for the facility and then hire to meet those levels; Seek approvals for adding or removing staff from the facility.
- Coordinate with operations functional leadership to make improvements or ensure departmental production goals are met and to oversee the installation of new equipment and training of team members on that equipment and those new processes.
- Provide resources and team members to assist with special projects or equipment, systems or process evaluations conducted by the Science Operations Team; Ensure timely feedback / reporting to the Science Operations Team as requested
- Full, demonstrated understanding of the production capabilities of the equipment in use at their facility; Able to identify when equipment has reached capacity and able to work with operations leadership to determine the most appropriate upgrades to that equipment.
- Understanding of the personnel requirements for one or multiple shifts from their facility, including being able to prepare a workable plan for activating and de-activating additional shifts to fine tune facility output to match market requirements.
- Able to work with Operations Leadership to prepare plans for facilities and equipment upgrades necessary to improve and maximize facility output; Understands and can show how personnel loads can be adjusted and aligned with equipment in use or to accommodate equipment upgrades
- Demonstrable ability to prepare overall and detailed and/or department specific output forecasts in coordination with and leadership of facility line managers
- Strategic partner to sales team within the market that their GP serves including assisting with forecasting, ensuring strong customer service follow-up to drive customer satisfaction
- Able to partner with sales, product development and marketing departments to provide critical input and projections for new product launches or line extensions
- Develop understanding of P&L management and actively work to ensure strategic plan drives P&L results; provide regular updates on P&L performance to Ops leadership and HI executive team
- Strong leader and mentor for GP staff and managers as evidenced by strong employee satisfaction and retention levels as well as the ability of individuals working at that GP to secure internal promotions or to be sought after experts to assist with training other employees or to provide training content or delivery for internal, customer or public facing content.
- Other duties appropriate to the role that may be assigned
- Some travel (approx. 25-30%) is required
- Regulations require that incumbent be at least 18 years of age and able to obtain and maintain state marijuana work credentials.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience, especially in the areas of business management or a similar discipline in the manufacturing, food, pharmaceutical, or consumer packaged goods industries; Cannabis industry experience a definite plus.
- Minimum 7 years' experience working within complex organizations, leading teams of at least 50 or more individuals from disparate backgrounds and education levels
- Special consideration given to individuals with training and experience in ongoing process improvement and change management principles such as Quality Management Systems, Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.
- Experience with agriculture, indoor cultivation, plant-based extraction, refinement and product manufacturing or consumer goods production
- Experience with strategic planning and maximizing production output from a cultivation, manufacturing and/or production facility
- Experience with order fulfillment processes and systems as well as related logistical needs and requirements
- Demonstrated experience developing cost benefit analysis business models to justify expenditures of capital for equipment, building improvements, systems implementations, headcount changes, etc.
- Prior experience in the cannabis industry highly desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with cannabis regulatory seed-to-sale solutions including METRC, MJ Freeway, Leaf Logix, BioTracks, etc., a definite plus
- Experience and expertise with manufacturing or enterprise resource planning (MRP/ERP) software and business analysis systems
- Strong ability to work with business intelligence systems and reporting solutions such as PowerBI
- Ability to quickly learn and use other software systems such as travel tools, note taking tools, reporting systems, expense reporting applications, issue ticketing management systems, etc.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Strong organizational skills, especially with documentation, time management, and resource coordination
- Proven efficiency and ability to prioritize and manage time and tasks for self and others
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to initiate and follow through on work independently
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Proven problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify exist or potential problems, and recommend solutions
- Strong ethics and sound judgment
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote