SummaryHello! We were founded to transform the world of cannabis by creating functional highs that help you do all the life stuff better. We launched in 2016, and since then, we've advanced from a start-up to Colorado's fastest-growing edibles brand. Our company has been touted by media, industry watchers and consumers as one of the most exciting brands in the cannabis space. This is an incredible time of expansion for 1906 and we are rapidly growing beyond Colorado. We are currently seeking long-term, committed and enthusiastic team members to grow with us. 1906 offers a competitive salary, incentive bonuses based on performance, and competitive health and wellness benefits.
1906 is simply the most innovative brand in cannabis and a major challenger in the wellness space. In the last two years we have quintupled revenue, released a six formula new product line novel in the market, created the world's first edible for cognitive focus, and expanded to multiple new states.
Our operations team is seeking a Production Manager!! This position will be on-site at our production facility in Henderson, CO with operating hours Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 4 PM.
1906 New Highs is an innovative multi-state operator (MSO) in the fast-growing cannabis edibles industry. We produce, then license our suite of experience-focused, plant-based edibles (drops, beans, and chocolate peanut butter cups) to licensee partners in six states: Colorado, Arizona, Oklahoma, Illinois, Michigan, and Massachusetts. We have seen rapid growth to new markets in 2022. We are adding to our team to support these substantial growth plans. Including the addition of Ohio, and 4 other markets before close of this year. This new role will help accelerate our team's progress.
As Production Manager , you will work hands-on with cross-functional team members (manufacturing supervision/staff, purchasing, R&D, sales, maintenance, etc.) to research and resolve issues that impact achievement of production schedules, and drive continuous improvement in the overall production scheduling process. This is a strategic role that will supervise, and develop Colorado Operations Talent for all operations from pre-production, production, and packaging, while maintaining the 1906 "no assholes" professional manufacturing culture.
The Production Manager will report to our Director of Operations.
- Lead Operations in determining most efficient utilization of production staff, through workforce schedule management and production planning
- Implement and maintain a performance improvement/employee development program
- Assist in implementation of an ERP system selection, and lead implementation
- Maintain inventory levels
- Assist Director and VP of Operations with employee policy procedures
- Collaborate to develop/update efficient, impactful Standard Operating Procedures.
- Supervise equipment calibration and preventative maintenance
- Track formula history on equipment to ensure all items are running as optimally as feasible.
- Independently author controlled documentation, including, commercial batch records, experimental trials, commercial investigations, raw material specification documentation, etc.
- Lead weekly/daily business reviews (including agenda, action items, and production calendar)
- Lead the daily CO Operations review, providing Daily Operations summaries to the manufacturing team, supply chain, and management.
- Implement 5S organization and HACCP evaluations across the Operation.
- Actively and systematically look to improve processes related to production scheduling and throughout in all facilities.
- 7+ years experience in high volume production for a food or nutraceutical organization
- Strong supervisory background, managing a team of 10+ direct reports
- Advanced in inventory management and reporting
- Advanced knowledge of cGMP
- Exceptional attention to detail and documentation.
- Demonstrated understanding units of measure, particularly metric system.
- Material processing experience, capable of following manufacturing instructions and executing dispensing of both powders and liquids to exact quantities.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High caliber of mechanical experience, troubleshooting, and/or repairing manufacturing equipment
- Experience leading an implementation of ERP systems and other manufacturing softwares/technical tools
- $75,000 - $85,000 base salary (dependent on experience), plus annual bonus based on performance.
- 15 days PTO, paid sick leave
- 100% employer paid medical insurance for employees.
- Dental and vision benefit options.
- Unlimited growth potential in one of the fastest growing industries! Cannabis is expected to hit $100 Billion in sales by 2030.
1906 is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Work From Home / Remote