SummaryEveryone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that's what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person's individuality, because there's power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That's why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL...
The Cultivation Technician assists in the growing and cultivation of medical cannabis through harvest. Performs select tasks in the cultivation process and is a very hands on, entry level role in the Cultivation Department.
This role is with Goodblend , one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision ... pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com .
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Responsible for plant care through harvest to include; stocking, propagation, vegetative, flower, IPM, fertigation and harvest.
- Maintain a clean and sanitized work area and work tools.
- Provide water and nutrients appropriately to ensure sustainable growth.
- Accurately weight and measure nutrient and water needs.
- Tend to the plants including watering, re-potting, training, movement of plant material and green waste.
- Coordinate closely with IPM team to adjust treatment programs to precisely target pests when they emerge. Scout all equipment, ensuring all tools are free of pests, viruses or disease.
- Perform regular visual assessments in all growth areas for signs of disease and/or infestation, and record data in the master record.
- Perform tasks related to sanitation, decontamination, propagation, trellising, transplantation, harvest, trimming, destemming, etc. in a highly productive and efficient manner to maximize yield.
- Assist R&D as pertains to plant cultivation activities.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU'LL BRING
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Minimum of 6 months experience in commercial cultivation, agriculture or other related field
- Can take direction well; great communication skills
- Be organized and have extreme attention to detail
- Ability to focus, be task oriented and manage stress
- Proficient with measurements
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to complete, and accurately communicate, data sheets
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU...
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, crouch in order to access plants
- Ability to lift and carry up to 60lbs
- Ability to ascend/descend a ladder to service lights and fans
- Ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day
- Agile fingers able to perform dexterous tasks
- Exposure to bright light where eye protection is required
- Exposure to cannabis odor
- Exposure to skin contact with plants, to which some individuals may be allergic
- Exposure to moderate heat and humidity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision - why we exist - is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission - how we will do this - is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values - Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
401(k) with Company Match
Charitable Gift Matching
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Time Off
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote