The Director of Procurement is responsible for designing and executing a global sourcing strategy for that optimizes product quality, safety, and consistency. This role also ensures that inventory procurement and vendor management processes are practice throughout the enterprise. This role works closely with operational and financial leadership to ensure the quality, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness of the organization's purchasing processes
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the Director of Quality Management to develop standards and processes for vendor identification, selection, and management.
- Establish standard operating procedures for purchasing; monitor the effectiveness of procedures; revise and improve as required
- Work with IT and Data to create and maintain inventory tracking tools both inside and outside of Rootstock/Salesforce to monitor inventory levels.
- Diversify the company's supply chain to minimize risk and establish alternatives for all critical items
- Create and implement sourcing and buy plans for new and emerging product initiatives
- Work with supply planning and operations to have the right materials in house at the right time with no out of stocks
- Report current inventory levels and any issues to Sales, Ops and the Leadership
- Work with finance to optimize payments and cash conversion without disruption to supply
Work with and drive accountability to vendors to reduce and eliminate supply shortages
- Perform cost and scenario and sensitivity analysis to make recommendations to Ops and Leadership as necessary
- Be a strong voice in internal and interdepartmental settings to advocate for this critical function
Make Kiva, Ops and supply chain best it can be
- Creates and maintains good relationships with vendors/suppliers.
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options.
- Drive productivity by identifying key categories and vendors that can be coordinated across the enterprise subject to ongoing evaluation.
- Maintain company inventory by analyzing supply and demand based on schedule and forecast.
- Coordination of timely invoice processing to company Accounts Payable Department.
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data, using Company platforms as required.
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies. Oversee business requirements and ensure all purchases are received and all transactions are recorded through coordinated efforts with all business units.
- Oversee (triple) bid-process for all capital and other projects; activate processes for cost-savings (i.e., reverse auction) as necessary to drive results.
- Develop strategies for cost-control and oversight.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, or related field preferred.
- Minimum five years' experience in a related position.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems.
- Comprehensive understanding of computer systems for purchasing and inventory systems.
- Ability to organize shipments and deliveries of all types.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to explain and teach methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Understanding of facility layout/design and material flow.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A strong commitment to safety, care, and concerns of our employees.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
No information available.