This position is responsible for delivering cannabis products to GTI's customers within the state of Illinois. This position will also assist production in various departments when not on the road.
- Loading the delivery van at the beginning of the day for deliveries that will happen throughout the day
- Ability to interpret and execute state laws and regulations required when delivering cannabis
- Working knowledge of vehicle maintenance and ability to complete routine maintenance tasks (changing tires, check and add fluids, etc.)
- Ability to manage the documents associated with cannabis delivery, ensuring that proper documents are kept, and manifests are returned completed and ready for filing.
- Assist in other departments to meet production needs while not on the road.
- Driving delivery vehicle
- Must follow the rules of the road and execute defensive driving.
- Complete documentation and reporting as required.
- Help create a positive work environment by maintaining a positive attitude, having integrity and being self-motivated.
- Ability to maintain positive professional relationships with dispensary staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively with various audiences, especially with the direct supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate effectively when issues arise while making deliveries
- Other duties as assigned.
- Delivery staff must have a basic understanding of the cannabis laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state and the D.O.A.; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws is appreciated and commendable.
- High School Education or GED graduate
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately, keeping in mind management expectations.
- Demonstrated initiative and proactive attitude, as well as independent judgment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees
- Ability to work a 12-hour day when needed
- Employee must be able to follow instructions as directed and incorporate constructive criticism from managers
- Valid driver's license or State ID card
- Clean driving record for the past 3 years
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
- Must be able to sit and drive for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance) AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with product.
Company BenefitsBenefits for this job may vary
Dental, Medical, & Vision Benefits
Paid Time Off
Flexible Time Off / Unlimited Vacation
Free Snacks / Drinks
Lunch & Learns
Paid Parental Leave
Relaxed / Casual Dress Code
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Work From Home / Remote