How to Work In Cannabis
Requirements by State
Politics, budgets, and public support vary widely by state, which means each state’s requirements to work in the cannabis industry look completely different from one another.* This map and corresponding state information is not updated in real time. For up-to-the-minute information on requirements to work in cannabis, visit the governing body links provided on each state page.
How to get your cannabis license in:
- Adult Use:
- Market Overview:
Alabama voted to legalize medical cannabis in May 2021. Currently, the state is in the process of building out rules and regulations as well as the requirements for licensing.
- Requirements & Application Process:
There is currently no application process in Alabama for those who wish to work in cannabis. As business licenses get distributed to companies, additional insights for prospective employees will become available.
- Background Check Requirements:
- Additional Job & Salary Information:
State Regulations Forum: Get your state regulations questions answered in our community forum.
- All Alabama Jobs:
- View And Apply To All Alabama Jobs
Join the community, grow your career
Sign up for a free Vangst account and get access to expert content and community to help you break in and stand out.
- Find top Cannabis jobs near you
- Learn the ins and outs of the industry
- Access our annual Cannabis Salary Guide
- Attend all live and virtual events hosted by seasoned recruiters
- Connect with thousands of other Cannabis professionals