How to Work In Cannabis
Requirements by State
Politics, budgets, and public support vary widely by state, which means each state’s requirements to work in the cannabis industry look completely different from one another.* This map and corresponding state information is not updated in real time. For up-to-the-minute information on requirements to work in cannabis, visit the governing body links provided on each state page.
How to get your cannabis license in:
- Adult Use:
- Link to Application
- Market Overview:
Arizona voters passed the Smart and Safe Act, or Proposition 207, in November 2020 with adult-use sales beginning in January 2021. Cannabis for medical use was legalized in November 2010.
- Requirements & Application Process:
Who needs a Facility Agent card?:
“A marijuana facility agent is a principal officer, board member, employee or volunteer of a marijuana establishment or marijuana testing facility who is at least twenty-one years of age and has not been convicted of an excluded felony offense. In order to work at a marijuana establishment or a marijuana testing facility, you must possess a valid marijuana facility agent license.” Arizona Department of Health Services, Adult Use of Marijuana - Facility Agents
Registered marijuana facility agents are eligible for employment by or association with any licensed marijuana establishment or testing facility.
- 21 years of age or older
- Submit a completed application
- Attach a current photo of the Facility Agent; taken no more than 60 prior to application submission
- Attach a copy of a government issued ID
- Submit fingerprints
- Pay the nonrefundable fee
- Background Check Requirements:
Additionally, you must consent to submitting fingerprint information as part of the application process.
- Additional Links:
- Medical Marijuana Licensing Management System (MMLMS) Individual Application and Portal Guide
- Application Requirements
- Road to Legalization
- How to Register for Med Use
- Medical Marijuana Dispensary Agents
- FAQs - Dispensary Agents
- Medical Marijuana Labs / Lab Agents
- FAQs - Lab Agents
- Arizona Department of Health Services Individual Licensing Portal
- Additional Job & Salary Information:
State Regulations Forum: Get your state regulations questions answered in our community forum.
- All Arizona Jobs:
- View And Apply To All Arizona Jobs
Join the community, grow your career
Sign up for a free Vangst account and get access to expert content and community to help you break in and stand out.
- Find top Cannabis jobs near you
- Learn the ins and outs of the industry
- Access our annual Cannabis Salary Guide
- Attend all live and virtual events hosted by seasoned recruiters
- Connect with thousands of other Cannabis professionals