How to Work In Cannabis
Requirements by State
Politics, budgets, and public support vary widely by state, which means each state’s requirements to work in the cannabis industry look completely different from one another.* This map and corresponding state information is not updated in real time. For up-to-the-minute information on requirements to work in cannabis, visit the governing body links provided on each state page.
How to get your cannabis license in:
- Adult Use:
- Market Overview:
In June 2012, a program for medical cannabis was signed into law. As of June 2021, Connecticut lawmakers approved a social equity-focused, adult-use cannabis market that is expected to generate more than $700 million in sales within a few years, becoming the fourth state legislature to approve adult-use cannabis in 2021.
- Requirements & Application Process:
Who needs to register as a Medical Marijuana Facility Employee?:
Any individuals employed by a dispensary facility or those who “otherwise have access to the dispensary facility, including independent contractors who are routinely on the premises.” You must secure employment with the organization first before registering with the state. From there, you will be required to complete the online application and continue through the process. Connecticut State Department of Consumer Protection, Medical Marijuana Dispensary Facility Employee
- You must have a position with a Connecticut licensed Medical Marijuana Dispensary Facility.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must provide all required information and documentation including but not limited to personal information, employment history, criminal actions, a copy of a valid US Government issued ID, and a passport-sized photograph.
- The dispensary facility you’re employed by must provide the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection with documentation confirming your employment.
- Background Check Requirements:
You will be required to disclose historical criminal actions during the application process.
- Additional Links:
Latest JobsSearch All CT Jobs
Membership has its privileges. When you create your Vangst profile, you get direct access to the largest network of cannabis professionals.Make connections, forge relationships, and chart your course in the cannabis industry - it all starts here.Join The Network
Just getting started? We got you. Crossing over? We got you. Climbing the Cannabis ladder? We got you.Search jobs, follow companies, and set alerts for new postings so when it comes to landing your dream job, you never miss a beat.Search Jobs