Cannabis Job Requirements for Delaware
Politics, budgets, and public support vary widely depending on where you live. We've curated a list of requirements to help clarify what you need to know to land cannabis jobs in each state.
- Adult Use:
Latest JobsSearch All DE Jobs
- Market Overview:
Delaware became the 22nd state to legalize adult-use cannabis, on April 23, 2023. The bills that were passed, did so without the signature of the Governor, Gov. John Carney, who said in his statement that he continues to believe that legalizing weed is "not a step forward"
Delaware Gov. Jack Markell signed legislation legalizing the medical cannabis market in May 2011, though its first medical dispensary didn't open until June 2015. Data intelligence firms BDS Analytics and Arcview Market Research predict that Delaware's medical market will reach $32 million by 2024, and $71 million if adult-use were to pass.
- Requirements & Application Process:
The State of Delaware is still working on building out their recreational cannabis industry, with regulations still being published. Dispensaries in Delaware are expected to open in 2024.
- Background Check Requirements:
“Excluded felony offense” means:
- A violent crime defined in § 4201(c) of Title 11 that was classified as a felony in the jurisdiction where the person was convicted; or
- A violation of a state or federal controlled substance law that was classified as a felony in the jurisdiction where the person was convicted, not including:
- An offense for which the sentence, including any term of probation, incarceration, or supervised release, was completed 10 or more years earlier; or
- An offense that consisted of conduct for which Delaware's new laws would likely have prevented a conviction, but the conduct either occurred prior to July 1, 2011, or was prosecuted by an authority other than the State of Delaware.
- Additional Links:
Membership has its privileges. When you create your Vangst profile, you get direct access to the largest network of cannabis professionals.Make connections, forge relationships, and chart your course in the cannabis industry - it all starts here.Join The Network
Just getting started? We got you. Crossing over? We got you. Climbing the Cannabis ladder? We got you.Search jobs, follow companies, and set alerts for new postings so when it comes to landing your dream job, you never miss a beat.Search Jobs